What's new

Baxter of California Exfoliating Body Bar

Just tried this and thought I'd share my experience so far. Easily one of the best soaps I've ever used. About a year ago I started gravitating back to bars over body washes and shower gels, so I've tried quite a few new bars over the last year as a result. This is as good as any of them. The scent of this grey/green bar with dark flecks is cedarwood and oakmoss, so it's quite an outdoorsy type of fragrance, and even four hours after use I can still smell it on my skin. But it's not obnoxious or overly scented, and it has dissipated some since use this morning.

Secondly, it's a lather monster. After tearing open the package and just swirling the bar a few times over my already wet skin it produced tons of fluffy lather, yet the bar didn't seem to deteriorate after the first shower whatsoever and I wasn't left dry in the least. Lastly, it's exfoliating, so it's got a slight amount of grit to it, but not much. I would equate the pumice in this soap to beach sand as far as consistency is concerned. It's very fine and allows twice a day use without risk of irritation as a result. Baxter didn't disappoint with this one. The bar is quite large (7oz.) and I'm sure will last for quite awhile. Highly recommended. Retails for $16.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190341.924067.jpg
http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/C-SOAPEX.html

Day 2 with this bar and I couldn't be happier. The scent is otherworldly and I feel amazingly clean (not dry at all) with twice a day use. After four showers the bar itself hadn't shrunk at all, and I'm known for my long showers. I would be happy using only this soap for the rest of my life to be completely honest. I may call Baxter tomorrow and ask them to ship me a pallet of this soap in fact. It's that good.

I just tried a sample of this from a Birchbox my wife got me. I agree with all of the above and more. This easily my favorite bar of soap now. I just wish it wasn't so much.

Don

I just tried a sample of this from a Birchbox my wife got me. I agree with all of the above and more. This easily my favorite bar of soap now. I just wish it wasn't so much.

Don

Don, the full-size bar really lasts though. Especially if you use a mesh sponge and rub the bar on the sponge, then use that to clean yourself with. It's a lather monster and a little goes a long way, as you've probably noticed.

Day 2 with this bar and I couldn't be happier. The scent is otherworldly and I feel amazingly clean (not dry at all) with twice a day use. After four showers the bar itself hadn't shrunk at all, and I'm known for my long showers. I would be happy using only this soap for the rest of my life to be completely honest. I may call Baxter tomorrow and ask them to ship me a pallet of this soap in fact. It's that good.

How's the smell?

Very clean in an outdoorsy kind of way. I definitely get the cedarwood, but that oakmoss really smoothes it out. Almost gives it a creamy note. Love it.

This has slid into my number one soap of all-time slot. It's can't miss as far as I'm concerned. A total home run for Baxter.

I use the other Baxter bar soaps and like them a lot. Just picked one of these up and use it every couple of days. It's a great product!

Top Bottom