What's new

Baxter AS Balm

Well, I got my sampler pack from Baxter a few days ago, and I am pretty impressed. The after shave balm is an interesting beast - I used it the first time without reading the ingredients, and WOW did I get a surprise. This stuff has menthol, and is extremely cooling.

Anyway, it is a gel consistency with a light citrusy scent which fades quickly. Immediately after putting it on, you are greeted by an intense cooling sensation. It feels like shoving your face into a bowl of ice cubes. After the shock wears off, it fades into a very cool, soothing feeling which is quite nice. After a few minutes, I was amazed at how supple my skin felt; I actually didn't require any additional moisturizing, which is unheard of for me. Really nice.

I just ordered a bottle from Men's Essentials, and threw in some other Baxters products for good measure (really liked my sample of the face wash also).

This is a really good product. I would be interested in comparing it to the Proraso lotion (sticking to the cooling theme), but I don't have any of it on hand.

I've got some of their samples. Not too crazy about the aroma, but the way it makes your face feel is great! I want to mention that although they have samples for purchase, I emailed them about wanting to try only the shaving cream and after shave products. They sent me a very decent supply.

Randy

I love the Baxter Aftershave Balm....nice cooling sensation without overdoing it. As I have oily skin and it is a balm, I only find myself using it at night as I would be way to oily by the end of the day. But then again, most of my shaves are at night. I noticed that you can no longer get the 6oz bottle of the aftershave. It appears as though it only comes in a 4oz tube. Its a shame as I much prefer the bottle.

I got a full bottle of this stuff, and I continue to be impressed. The past few shaves for whatever reason have produced some irritation and razor burn, but this stuff soothes it like nothing else. Really good product. I also have been using the shampoo and conditioner - I will post a separate review.

Well, I got my sampler pack from Baxter a few days ago, and I am pretty impressed. The after shave balm is an interesting beast - I used it the first time without reading the ingredients, and WOW did I get a surprise. This stuff has menthol, and is extremely cooling.

Anyway, it is a gel consistency with a light citrusy scent which fades quickly. Immediately after putting it on, you are greeted by an intense cooling sensation. It feels like shoving your face into a bowl of ice cubes. After the shock wears off, it fades into a very cool, soothing feeling which is quite nice. After a few minutes, I was amazed at how supple my skin felt; I actually didn't require any additional moisturizing, which is unheard of for me. Really nice.

I just ordered a bottle from Men's Essentials, and threw in some other Baxters products for good measure (really liked my sample of the face wash also).

This is a really good product. I would be interested in comparing it to the Proraso lotion (sticking to the cooling theme), but I don't have any of it on hand.

Anyone tried this balm? Is it still available?

Interesting historical fact: the five oldest, dormant threads are about ASB. Were they more popular 12 years ago than they are now? Or maybe the fact that they are dormant indicates splashes were more popular back then?

I agree good stuff. I use every nite after my shower (morning shaver) just before bed.

I love their balm. I'm interested to see if their other products are as quality as the balm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How well does it tone and "condition" your skin? Mine's a little oily, so I use splashes, but for those with drier skin, balms are a great choice.

How well does it tone and "condition" your skin? Mine's a little oily, so I use splashes, but for those with drier skin, balms are a great choice.

I have oily skin, and some balms are too moisturizing, but the Baxters is just right for me. As always, YMMV.

Top Bottom