What's new

Baume & Mercier Classima Watch

So I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this watch soon. Jomashop has these on sale for a few more days so I have time.

$B&M_Classima_08692.JPG

It is an ETA 7750 automatic movement. What do you guys think?

Very nice looking watch. Baume and Mercier are a pretty good maker as well. I love their annual calendar watches.

That's a beautiful watch. Very classy looking and the ETA movement is very good. I think it would make a beautiful dress watch.

That's a beautiful watch. Very classy looking and the ETA movement is very good. I think it would make a beautiful dress watch.

Hi Hector, They also sell these on Amazon so I had the benefit of reading the reviews there. The pluses are the looks; the minuses are the watch runs a bit loud and wobbly (as the rotor moves), but people say they get used to it. There were also a couple of people that had theirs require service two years in for about $300. I'm trying to get this one new "make an offer" on ebay as we speak. So fingers crossed they take my offer.

Hi Hector, They also sell these on Amazon so I had the benefit of reading the reviews there. The pluses are the looks; the minuses are the watch runs a bit loud and wobbly (as the rotor moves), but people say they get used to it. There were also a couple of people that had theirs require service two years in for about $300. I'm trying to get this one new "make an offer" on ebay as we speak. So fingers crossed they take my offer.

Good luck! I think the wobbly claims are bogus most of the time, sure if you shake your wrist like you are trying to detach it from your arm, sure:laugh:

Loud? They most have dog hearing, lol......

Thats the beauty of ETA movements, they are easy to work on and parts are readily available, for now. Swatch has been talking about quitting selling the movements, monopoly you know.

Again, I think it is beautiful and I hope they take your offer.

I wouldn't worry about it being "wobbly". I had an EPOS watch with a Valjoux 7751 triple date and that thing was really wobbly but it is a known quirk. The watch kept great time and after a little while it was quite comforting to "feel" the watch winding on your wrist.

the minuses are the watch runs a bit loud and wobbly (as the rotor moves), but people say they get used to it.
The wobbly thing is a classic feature of the 7750 movement in general. I'm wearing one right now. It's really not a big deal, and it is a very solid movement. The blued hands are striking. Nice choice!

Well the "Make an offer" on ebay didn't work out. The lowest they would go is $1700 so I placed the order on Jomashop's website. I am stoked I think I got a really good price an it is a beautiful watch. :001_smile

Well the "Make an offer" on ebay didn't work out. The lowest they would go is $1700 so I placed the order on Jomashop's website. I am stoked I think I got a really good price an it is a beautiful watch. :001_smile

Congrats on the purchase, I'm looking forward to some feedback on the waychmamd on your Jomashop experience.

The wobbly concerns, I'm into old Seiko's and I had the same thing with I I found out was 'by design' and nothing to be concerned about. I did give a $7000 Grand Seiko as vigorous shake in a Tokyo department store a few months ago, which caused the shop assistant to go into palpitations, I couldnt feel movement in that, but it was a spring drive movement.

Funny watch story: I was in Tiffany's in NYC about 20 years ago. There was a Patek Philippe TV Watch for sale there. So I asked the clerk if I could see it. He said Sir you realize this watch is "Seventeen Five". I said sure show it to me. So after inspecting it I said will you take "Fifteen" for it. He said sir I said "Seventy Five". So I politely gave it back to him as he polished my grubby finger print off of the watch. But that is not all to the story. I should have mortgaged the house and bought the watch for $75,000 - a couple of years ago one went for auction for $325,000. The Patek Philippe TV watch is a super rare collectors item. Oh well. :001_smile

$PPTV_Watch.jpg

Last edited:
So I just got my new watch in today. No issues with Jomashop and they had a great price. Here are the shots:

$L1030037.jpg$L1030038.jpg$L1030039.jpg$L1030040.jpg$L1030044.jpg

The watch is not wobbly but if you listen carefully you can hear the rotor wind the spring when you shake your wrist. Not a problem at all. Definitely happy with the purchase.

Top Bottom