What's new

Baume.be soap puck

so I inherited a pick of baume shave soap from a co worker, every once in while we will trade stuff etc.

Well he claimed he couldn’t get it to work and the lather was crappy and he couldn’t get any cushion. He gave up after a month and handed me the puck.

I tried it for the first time on Tuesday and I was extremely disappointed. I had all of the same issues, does anyone have any tips and or any experience with this soap?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
From what I've read on the forum in the past, the Baume soap puck generally gets poor reviews.

That’s what I’m gathering as well, however it’s not my $13.00 bucks so I feel bad for my co worker as he used it like 10 times I think. I might see what I can do with it and see if I can make something out of it, but I don’t have high hopes.

The soap is absolutely rubbish!!
Doesn't lather up at all. No matter what I did, it would just generate froth that would disappear quickly.

I still have the puck and will likely use it up as a bath soap as the scent is fairly pleasing, albeit subtle.

I emailed the owner and didn't even get a response so all baume products are off my purchase list forever!

Man, I’m glad I got the cream! I’ve heard the soap sucks, but I couldn’t imagine. The pre-shave is one of the best I’ve ever used, and I love the cream/aftershave.

I’ve not tried either but have read wonderful things about the cream. How can the same company put out such a bad product while the other is great? I am going by memory but I believe I’ve heard the same about geo trumper and TOBS with respect to the soap version.

I also have the cream. Great lather but loves water. Maybe add more water for the soap until you think it is too much water.

I’ve not tried either but have read wonderful things about the cream. How can the same company put out such a bad product while the other is great? I am going by memory but I believe I’ve heard the same about geo trumper and TOBS with respect to the soap version.

Yup...GFT soaps are rubbish for the last few years!

TOBS are still very good though. Very underrated! I have lavender and jermyn st.

Who makes this baume.be shave soap?

I’m gonna try it again tomorrow morning just to see if maybe I can make something happen with it.

So 2 more shaves down with this stuff......garbage soap, I can get a good lather and everything, but I can't get any cushion or glide, my face feels like a cheese grater after using this stuff.

Thank god I have a tub of Proraso green coming.......stay away from this stuff guys, the hard puck is no good!

I still have the puck and will likely use it up as a bath soap as the scent is fairly pleasing, albeit subtle.

This is what I did. Oddly enough, this soap is not great in the shower because it is extremely slippery in the hand...but it not slippery enough for a shave. LOL

This is what I did. Oddly enough, this soap is not great in the shower because it is extremely slippery in the hand...but it not slippery enough for a shave. LOL

Haha
Yeah, it's useless in basically every way!
I'm still using pre shave oil so haven't even bothered to use it as a pre shave soap but may try it soon.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
so, a soap one should not use in a prison shower.....:001_tt2:

Top Bottom