What's new

BAUME.BE review

BAUME.BE
I heard good things about this cream, so I got a container and tried it out.
The scent on this cream is just kind of a soapy sent. The scent will not motivate me to use this. There are other creams that smell so much better. I scooped some out and put it in my shaving bowl. It was a soft but firm cream. It was the firmest cream I have ever used. I took a damp, boar brush and started swirling it around. This being a cream I figured it will need very little water. I was wrong this cream is just as thirsty as some of my soaps. I was surprised at how much water I needed to ad. I usually like to have some cream on had just in case I don’t have time to make a lather with soap. BAUME.BE is not a fast lather maker it acts much more like a shaving soap.
Another interesting characteristic is that this cream just builds in the brush not in the bowl. The only other time I have seen this happen was with Southern witchcraft soap. Since I knew what was happening, I just painted it on instead of trying to get the lather build in the bowl. I went thru so much Southern witchcraft soap trying to get some lather to build up in the bowl.
The cream painted on nice and thick and is very slick. I got a very nice slick and cushioning shaving surface. There is residual slickness if you need to do some touch up buffing.
I like the cream I think it is a premium cream I only wish the scent was more appealing to me but not is not offensive.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
BAUME.BE
I heard good things about this cream, so I got a container and tried it out.
The scent on this cream is just kind of a soapy sent. The scent will not motivate me to use this. There are other creams that smell so much better. I scooped some out and put it in my shaving bowl. It was a soft but firm cream. It was the firmest cream I have ever used. I took a damp, boar brush and started swirling it around. This being a cream I figured it will need very little water. I was wrong this cream is just as thirsty as some of my soaps. I was surprised at how much water I needed to ad. I usually like to have some cream on had just in case I don’t have time to make a lather with soap. BAUME.BE is not a fast lather maker it acts much more like a shaving soap.
Another interesting characteristic is that this cream just builds in the brush not in the bowl. The only other time I have seen this happen was with Southern witchcraft soap. Since I knew what was happening, I just painted it on instead of trying to get the lather build in the bowl. I went thru so much Southern witchcraft soap trying to get some lather to build up in the bowl.
The cream painted on nice and thick and is very slick. I got a very nice slick and cushioning shaving surface. There is residual slickness if you need to do some touch up buffing.
I like the cream I think it is a premium cream I only wish the scent was more appealing to me but not is not offensive.
It's funny how a negative to one person is a plus to someone else. I brought the Baume.be cream with me to Bali as one of the two I selected for the trip..... I like the almost lack of fragrance. The other soap I brought along is the Canada Shaving Soap... a scentless soap.

I don't like strong scents and add to that, they tend to react with my skin so I avoid them for that reason as well. Early on at B&B, I asked @Tomo and @APBinNCA to recommend some light fragranced soaps and both suggested Baume.be and I'm glad they did. It's truly wonderful for me, personally. But as you said, if you are looking for one of those very nice smelling, interesting fragrances, Baume.be cream wouldn't be for you.

It's funny how a negative to one person is a plus to someone else. I brought the Baume.be cream with me to Bali as one of the two I selected for the trip..... I like the almost lack of fragrance. The other soap I brought along is the Canada Shaving Soap... a scentless soap.

I don't like strong scents and add to that, they tend to react with my skin so I avoid them for that reason as well. Early on at B&B, I asked @Tomo and @APBinNCA to recommend some light fragranced soaps and both suggested Baume.be and I'm glad they did. It's truly wonderful for me, personally. But as you said, if you are looking for one of those very nice smelling, interesting fragrances, Baume.be cream wouldn't be for you.
Yea if I like the scent I find myself not only enjoy using it but look forward to using it. Most everything made today is pretty good performance wise so I look for scents I might like. That is the trick reading a scent description and actually smelling the scent doesn't always connect. Also samples are helpful but not always. I have had samples lose their scent and the scent experience is different with a full size container verses one the size of a quarter.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Yea if I like the scent I find myself not only enjoy using it but look forward to using it. Most everything made today is pretty good performance wise so I look for scents I might like. That is the trick reading a scent description and actually smelling the scent doesn't always connect. Also samples are helpful but not always. I have had samples lose their scent and the scent experience is different with a full size container verses one the size of a quarter.
I think my poor sense of smell, skin issues and general distaste for strong scents are probably saving me a small fortune. The soap/cream rabbit hole isn't even a tiny temptation for me.

I think my poor sense of smell, skin issues and general distaste for strong scents are probably saving me a small fortune. The soap/cream rabbit hole isn't even a tiny temptation for me.
Also your interest in the scent might not last thru the soap/creams consumption. I have also seen people selling off a collection of soap they won't use that is bigger than my own supply of soap.

Fine choice for your trip. I used it last night, but was in too big of a hurry for an SOTD pic. In fact it is rarely photographed by me anymore, but used often.

Top Bottom