What's new

Battle of the “Pocket Gun”

Do they make information like your phone number a requirement online? Or just email, address?
Serial number, address and email if I remember correctly. They know my phone number from repair or recalls though. They do start sending weekly emails with new products or sale notifications after you register a new gun. You can always unsubscribe.

Between those two, the J-frame wins hands down with me. Mrs. Columbo carries a 642. It’s the perfect ‘belly gun’, and there is almost nothing that can go wrong with one when you need it. Don‘t let the caliber snobs scare you off of one for PD; a defensive .38 Special +P round can do a lot of damage at close range.

And you are right about the vast majority of PD encounters. They are not all scenes from Rambo, and rarely involve more than 4 rounds. Not that more isn’t better. But 5 is plenty, and infinitely better than none. All the additional complexity and maintenance of a semi action aren’t worth 2 extra rounds here IMO.

Mrs. Columbo’s only complaint with hers is that it is not a pleasant gun at the range. They are a bit snappy, and firing 20-25 practice rounds on one can leave a lady’s hand sore.
When this great run on ammo is over, get some wadcutters. They are a pleasure to shoot. I’ve even got +P wadcutters. Same thing. But yea, good luck finding any.

Top Bottom