Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Figaro Monsieur Bluice

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Furbo Vintage Blu After

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Geo F Trumper Skye

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Basically I'm looking for a replacement for Floid Blue, it doesn't have to be an exact ringer for it, something that stands on it's own merits would be fine as well. Thoughts on these aftershaves? Looking for something similar to Blue in that it doesn't smell artificial like Aqua Velva and has a cool nice smell.

Barrister and Mann Cool
Epsilon Blue - Anyone try adding menthol to this?
Razorock Blue Barbershop
Myrsol Blue
Figaro Monsieur Bluice
Furbo Vintage- Heard this is really close to Floid Blue
Geo F Trumper Skye

Which would you recommend of these, as anyone tried the Trumper? If you like more than one which order would you purchase them in since I cant afford to buy them all.

Also any worthy contenders I didn't mention?

I don't know if I would call Myrsol Blue a "copy", it has been around since after the Spanish Civil War.

It is a very good blue aftershave.

I have B&M Cool, Epsilon and Furbo vintage blue. They’re all excellent but I think Vintage furbo blue is probably the closest to Floid. I have two bottles of Floid but find that I use the Furbo more. Probably to ration the Floid.

I have B&M Cool, Epsilon and Furbo vintage blue. They’re all excellent but I think Vintage furbo blue is probably the closest to Floid. I have two bottles of Floid but find that I use the Furbo more. Probably to ration the Floid.
Did you like the Furbo better than the B&M? Im in the same boat as you I have 1.5 bottles and need to slow down my usage of Floid Blue

Did you like the Furbo better than the B&M? Im in the same boat as you I have 1.5 bottles and need to slow down my usage of Floid Blue

It’s not that I like it more per se. it’s just the Furbo is such a good deal and smells pretty good so I reach for it more.

I've read several comments on B&B claiming Furbo is the closest thing to Floid Blue, and after reading all the nostalgic comments, I bought a bottle--and immediately sold it because I didn't like it. But I love RazoRock's Blue Barbershop. In fact I love most all of RR's aftershaves. They're made it Italy, and whoever formulates them has a great nose.

Reactions: GMM
I've read several comments on B&B claiming Furbo is the closest thing to Floid Blue, and after reading all the nostalgic comments, I bought a bottle--and immediately sold it because I didn't like it. But I love RazoRock's Blue Barbershop. In fact I love most all of RR's aftershaves. They're made it Italy, and whoever formulates them has a great nose.

You’re not wrong. I have floid blue, furbo vintage, and rr bbs.

I like them all, but I think rr smells the closest to the original without being over mentholated like the furbo.

I still like them all though.

I never tried the Floid Blu :crying: which is really sad as I truly prefer ‘blue’ splashes.

I have the following which I really like: AV Ice Blue, Furbo Vintage Blu, Epsilon Blu, B&M Reserve Cool.

My go-to these days however is my own homebrew “Furaso 50” - a 50/50 mix of Furbo and Proraso Green - AWESOME juice, try it before your neighbor :001_tt1:

I don't know if I would call Myrsol Blue a "copy", it has been around since after the Spanish Civil War.

It is a very good blue aftershave.

Agree.

I use both Myrsol Blue and Epsilon Blue.

Truth be told, I don’t think the original Floïd Blue was that good, certainly not worth the prices mentioned by KUFan.
When I moved overseas and had to fit everything into two containers, my last two bottles of Floïd didn’t even make the shipping list.

Knowing that there would be plenty of Myrsol and Epsilon in the country next door certainly helped.

B.

B.

Top Bottom