What's new

Bath towel recommendations

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Has anyone brought up the elephant in the room? I mean, has anyone tried the bath towel made by the Mr Pillow dude? I've been tempted. They didn't seem to be too high priced last time I looked...
Just looked at his website. He's still in business, lol. The towels get great reviews. Weird colors though!

My wife buys most of our towels on clearance at Marshall’s and similar stores. She buys brands like RL Polo, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, etc. Usually pretty big towels too. Regular $50+ each for $15-20 kinda stuff.

Nothing too fancy, but most of what she buys seems to last for years. I can’t see myself spending more than $20-25 max for a towel.

Agree, check places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Burlington. Most of my towels are Lacoste, but my nicest ones are Hugo Boss that I found for less than $10 each at Burlington.

FarmerTan

Uh oh....I fear my attempt at humor may have failed
Lol, no, it was MINE that failed my friend.

It does strike me as funny that in my head I criticize people that have lots of money, are generous to charity, but NEVER waste a penny on themselves. I'm in a position in life now where, barring a societal collapse, I can not possibly outlive my money.

BUT..... I have become the man who won't spend money on myself! Oh, I mean BIG money.
Once a person has been poor he decides he doesn't want to be poor again. SO....I give freely to everyone but myself, have a hard time paying for a job I can do myself, etc....

I have become that which I mocked! Again I find that He teaches us lessons, if we but be still and listen.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Lol, no, it was MINE that failed my friend.

It does strike me as funny that in my head I criticize people that have lots of money, are generous to charity, but NEVER waste a penny on themselves. I'm in a position in life now where, barring a societal collapse, I can not possibly outlive my money.

BUT..... I have become the man who won't spend money on myself! Oh, I mean BIG money.
Once a person has been poor he decides he doesn't want to be poor again. SO....I give freely to everyone but myself, have a hard time paying for a job I can do myself, etc....

I have become that which I mocked! Again I find that He teaches us lessons, if we but be still and listen.
I have become the opposite, I can afford to pay professionals to do the work so I will no longer fight and curse and bleed to do a job I am not qualified for. I still hate spending big dollars on myself, don't know why. Now that I am old and broken there is precious little I need. And most of what I have purchased for my self I can no longer really use but am loathe to give up.

I stayed at a JW Marriott Hotel some time ago. I loved their thick towels and asked about them. I ended up ordering bath towels and towel sets from them. We have these towels in the Master Bath: two sets for both my wife and me. I have had them for about seven years and they have held up beautifully. I have since learned they have an official store selling them to the public.

I highly recommend my Lands' End towels. Love the colors, the size, the softness. I've had them now for over four years and they still look great. If you ever see some photos on this site from me, you're likely to see a Lands' End towel in it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I know this may be slightly off topic but towels are a part of skin care

I'm a bachelor that has mostly been using some older towels I had and some newer amazon brand 100% cotton bath towels. I've noticed they are falling apart.
I've read countless reviews on amazon and it seems like all the turkish and egyptian cotton towels get some very negative reviews

I have a few Trident brand Finesse collection towels that are 100% ring spun cotton. they have held up well. They are probably 10 years old at this point. I looked at the new Finesse collection Trident has and they are zero spun cotton. I'm not sure what the difference is but these towels are getting bad reviews as well.

Any recommendations?
I like the waffle weave towels from IKEA. They rub better than terry cloth and are priced reasonably.

FarmerTan

I stayed at a JW Marriott Hotel some time ago. I loved their thick towels and asked about them. I ended up ordering bath towels and towel sets from them. We have these towels in the Master Bath: two sets for both my wife and me. I have had them for about seven years and they have held up beautifully. I have since learned they have an official store selling them to the public.

I think my wallet will be opening! Thanks for the link my friend.

My wife and I stayed at a hotel (forget the name) in Austin, Texas and we really liked the bath towels there so we ordered some online from the company that makes them, Matteo...

FarmerTan

On Friday I loaded up one of the hand towels to take to the gym. My wife spotted in my gym bag and immediately took it out and replaced it with a less plush one. She said the plush towels should never see a gym floor!
Smart lady my friend.

100% 12lbs double spun cotton ...try ordering a dozen from your local hotel supplier shouldn't be more than $5-$6usd each !

Has anyone brought up the elephant in the room? I mean, has anyone tried the bath towel made by the Mr Pillow dude? I've been tempted. They didn't seem to be too high priced last time I looked...

Hello friend. I think our bath towels are something from Costco. I keep wanting to try My Pillow towels, but me lovely wife keeps saying we have too many towels and no place to keep more.

I do love the My Pillow Giza sheets. We've been married over 50 years and they are the most comfortable sheets we've ever owned. We have 3 sets (thanks to me), and I like them better than our more expensive Sleep Number sheets. That's my opinion, but I'm like the princess and the pea when it comes to sheets. I love a nice crisp percale or Egyptian cotton. My wife doesn't care what cheapo microfiber crap sheets she sleeps on. However, she sleeps on her back and loves her My Pillow. I sleep on my stomach and use a flat pillow that she calls a rock. It's a long-time family joke that the two of us being married to each other have made two other people very happy.

Just today, I was looking at My Pillow bath robes. My wife bought me a new one off amazon a couple months back to replace my old, holy robe which annoys her. I hate the new one and don't use it. I plan on ordering one from My Pillow.

FarmerTan

Hello friend. I think our bath towels are something from Costco. I keep wanting to try My Pillow towels, but me lovely wife keeps saying we have too many towels and no place to keep more.

I do love the My Pillow Giza sheets. We've been married over 50 years and they are the most comfortable sheets we've ever owned. We have 3 sets (thanks to me), and I like them better than our more expensive Sleep Number sheets. That's my opinion, but I'm like the princess and the pea when it comes to sheets. I love a nice crisp percale or Egyptian cotton. My wife doesn't care what cheapo microfiber crap sheets she sleeps on. However, she sleeps on her back and loves her My Pillow. I sleep on my stomach and use a flat pillow that she calls a rock. It's a long-time family joke that the two of us being married to each other have made two other people very happy.

Just today, I was looking at My Pillow bath robes. My wife bought me a new one off amazon a couple months back to replace my old, holy robe which annoys her. I hate the new one and don't use it. I plan on ordering one from My Pillow.
LOL! Our marriage looks the same! We have a sleep number bed, and their sheets are nice. We bought some USED sheets (if you can believe it!) at a ritzy neighborhood garage sale for a couple to raise money to adopt a baby, and that was 25? years ago or more and they STILL are in the rotation! Something like 200,000,000 thread count, LOL!
We have some REALLY cheap feeling ones on the bed right now that we got on clearance at the Warehouse named after Mr Walton that I'm too stubborn to admit to the wife that we shouldn't have bought! They were supposed to feel cool and keep you cooler, but I'm thinking it's going to cost me more than $29.99 for that kind of magic.

We use wood for heat, so our bedroom is cool at night (like 60 degrees F) so we like flannel sheets in the winter. I honestly enjoy winter now that I don't have to actually drive into the city! The sleeping is much better in the winter. Even in the summer I like the weight of a blanket.

It's really weird how.... tactile I am, when I think about it. I don't remember being this aware of things like towels, sheets, shirt colors, shoes, etc. when I was younger.

Man! I am gonna be yelling at the kids to get off my lawn any day now!

Top Bottom