What's new

Bath Time! Stop Procrastinating

In the spirit of keeping up with cleaning razors as much as I do searching for and buying them, today was group bath time. Scrubbing Bubbles for 5-6 min to disinfect and sanitize; then, some dawn and a toothbrush.

Some of the results were not inspiring so I may try out some CLR or Simple Green. That greeish-blue corrosion just doesn't want to come off in some places and with the gold ones I can't polish them. I may also grab a pipe cleaner for the OC ones-tnd toothbrush fell short in places.

The funny thing is that I thought I found an early Milord with the smooth band on flea bay the other day with only one bid. I figured I'd go for it in the last two minutes ...and so did everyone else. I think it went from around 20 to about 60 and I lost. Today, I see I have one just like it lol. There's a lesson here....I just don't know what it is

Now I just need to polish these guys...

20170327_134313.jpg
20170327_135506.jpg
20170327_140524.jpg
20170327_154240.jpg

I have found that repeated, very long, baths in near-boiling water and Dawn dish soap do great for cleaning crud. If you can throw in some Scrubbing Bubbles action and some ultra sonic cleaner time, then you can get there with even some funky looking hardware.
I recently won a lot of razors off of the 'bay, and they arrived absolutely disgusting. For a week, every night after work, I'd come home boil water, do a soak in Dawn/water until the water was cool enough to put my fingers into, then about a dozen 5 minute cycles on the ultrasonic cleaner. Finish up for the night with tooth brush and dish soap, and after a week, most of them got to be fairly good looking. A final hit with Maas polish and some of the ugly ducklings turned to swans.

As I dry them, I wonder if this is a gold rocket. It is stamped "Made in England" with "Patent Pending inside.

20170327_165129.jpg
20170327_165149.jpg

looks like a good collection, my dad has a super speed that i dont think ever gets clean, though he only trims once in a great while,

Top Bottom