What's new

Bath Soap Differences

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My normal shave routine is the wash my face well with bath soap and rinsing before face lathering. I use bath soaps sourced from hotels in which I stay.

This morning I started a new soap from another hotel and there was a noticable difference in the feel of my shave.

Have others experienced the same?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My normal shave routine is the wash my face well with bath soap and rinsing before face lathering. I use bath soaps sourced from hotels in which I stay.

This morning I started a new soap from another hotel and there was a noticable difference in the feel of my shave.

Have others experienced the same?
A couple of years ago I started using a well made pure lye soap and it makes me feel good all over. Great for ones skin.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I wash my face with bath soap before I lather my face. I use Dove Pure and Sensitive as some soaps give me a rash. I think a really good soap may make a difference compared to a fairly cheaply made soap.

Soap formulations vary widely. I suggest finding a soap you like & sticking with it. Perhaps use your hotel soaps in the shower. My preshave routine is to take a hot shower, which includes washing my face. Immediately after my shower I towel dry, leaving my face damp. I then lather my brush & begin face lathering to start my shave.

I prefer to shower first.

Then I wash my face with a good ‘glycerine’ soap (usually CeraVe) immediately before my shave. This works out very well for me!! Mainly, because this approach eliminates at least one variable! :a29:

I quit using bath soap on my face when I saw the scum it creates in conjunction with my water. I use, or imminently used, Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap, but as it seems to be no longer available, I've got a puck of ACH Brito Lime Glyce waiting, which I've been told is the same product under a different, and cheaper, brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve recently started using Stirling Bar Soap in the shower pre shave. It’s a great cleansing bar and really helps to get my skin ready for a great shave.

I've only tried the supermarket level bath soaps so far. Dial, Dove Men, and Pears work for me. Ivory, not so much.

I'm trying to break in a couple of boar brushes so I started lathering one or the other while in the shower which has taken a turn to using either Dove or Neutragina and lathering my face in the shower routine. They seem to work better at prepping my face for a shave than my normal Safeguard bath soap.

It doesn't seem to help the boars though.

Top Bottom