What's new

Bath and Body Works Friend or Foe

I have always been hesitant to go into a shop called Bath and Body Works. Recently I had been in one with my wife and found that they had a shaving creme made by Poraso for the Brand C.O. Bigelow. I had to pick up a tube and upon trying it was pure bliss. It was a nice soothing shave with a nice smooth cut. Still weary of these place though.

Way to face your fears.

Next up: The Body Shop.

If you come out of that one unscathed, then you move on to Crabtree & Evelyn.

I went into B&BW for the first time a few months ago for the same reason, the shave cream. The employees were friendly and helpful and no other customers were in the store, so it was a good experience for me. I've heard that Target sells that shave cream, though.

I know a lot of targets have carried Poraso, but a lot of them have stripped back on such shaving products unfortunately.

Bath & Body works is cool. The check-out girls are usually pretty cute. Reason enough for me to go in there! As far as Target goes, we have a Super Target here. I was there yesterday and didn't fing any shave cream. I'll keep looking but we have a Bath & Body works a few miles down the road.

DL

That's how I started traditional wet shaving. We were at the local mall and my wife made her usual stop at B&BW. Of coarse I was there with her and just happened to see the CO Bigelow shave cream. It said it was the best in the world so I gave it a try.
Well now I have many shave creams, soaps, razors, etc. and it's all because she took me in there. At least that's what I tell her when she sees that I've made ANOTHER purchase.:biggrin:

I stopped in specifically for the proraso/c.o bigelow cream but was told they only carried it at the main stores...twice. One store was 6 miles away. The other about 25.

It's no wonder I find myself ordering online more and more rather than shopping localy.

And then, if you are man enough . . . The Art of Shaving and Sephora

What does Sephora have for shaving stuff? I wouldn't want to go in there without having something specific to seek out.

What does Sephora have for shaving stuff? I wouldn't want to go in there without having something specific to seek out.

From a quick website scan, they have Art of Shaving products for what appears to be the same prices as AoS itself. AoS soaps & creams, while expensive, are top notch; the hardware is massively overpriced. The website has Acqua Di Parma, too. They also have stuff like Anthony's. The AoS especially can be helpful for those who don't have a store nearby. ADP is ridiculously expensive; but, the reviews here seem to believe it is very good stuff. Maybe a good gift (to receive)?

Last edited:
From a quick website scan, they have Art of Shaving products for what appears to be the same prices as AoS itself. AoS soaps & creams, while expensive, are top notch; the hardware is massively overpriced. The website has Acqua Di Parma, too. They also have stuff like Anthony's. The AoS especially can be helpful for those who don't have a store nearby. ADP is ridiculously expensive; but, the reviews here seem to believe it is very good stuff. Maybe a good gift (to receive)?

Unfortunately, the stores do not carry AdP. If they did, I would actually have had a reason to go there. Best as I can recall, they don't carry Art of Shaving in store, either. They have a little in the way of L'Occitane, but it's usually hidden in an obscure part of the store, and the selection is minimal. Otherwise, the stores are pretty much a vast wasteland of department-store brand shaving products: Lab Series, Zirh, Anthony, etc. If you're interested, though, go to your nearest mall, close your eyes, and follow your nose. The blended smell of hundreds of overbearing, synthetic designer fragrances will guide the way for you.

Way to face your fears.

Next up: The Body Shop.

If you come out of that one unscathed, then you move on to Crabtree & Evelyn.

Really? I always figured Crabtree & Evelyn was one of the more unisex shops.

And then, if you are man enough . . . The Art of Shaving and Sephora. :biggrin:

Oh God, Sephora...I went in there once and have been scarred for life. I asked for Acqua di Parma, which I later found out they only have online, and the lady asked if I'd like to sample their makeup :sad:

Really? I always figured Crabtree & Evelyn was one of the more unisex shops.

Time was, they actually had a halfway decent section of shaving gear, including a fairly nice rebranded Edwin Jagger brush. I haven't been in there in a long time, although I keep hearing about how they're discontinuing this or that shaving item. If they're at all like they used to be, going there isn't traumatic so much as less than inspiring, but one could do worse. Ironically, at my nearest mall, directly across from C&E is an Excalibur cutlery, which actually has a modest assortment of Merkur DEs, aftermarket Trac II handles, shaving brushes and...gasp...Trumper products. The selection is minimal, but it's still a selection, which for a mall store has got to be some sort of miracle. As for Sephora, well...I think you and I are on the same page on that one.

I like Bath and Body Works. If you catch the sales right, you can make out like a bandit. About two weeks ago they had buy one, get one free on their C.O. Bigelow stuff, as well as some great sales on their other stuff. I managed to walk out with four large tubes of C.O. Bigelow shave cream for $20.00, and 8 bottles of Rose Water Tonic for $24. The shave cream is excellent stuff, and the Rose Water Tonic has witch hazel in it and is very soothing on the skin after a shave and before an aftershave splash. The tonic is normally $15 per bottle, but was marked down to $3 for the sale. I have no qualms about stopping in every now and then to check and see what's on sale or if they've added any more shave products.

Top Bottom