What's new

Bath and Body Works aftershaves

So, one pastime my wife and I both relish, is fragrance-hunting. BBW had a huge sale today and I was thrilled to discover that they are in the balm-making business. They are still carrying Bigelow (ahem....Proraso) green cream, but that’s it. All their balms are now made by them.

Anyone else run into this?

Bought two balms: Midnight —new favorite scent profile. I did not know it was possible for a scent to have a spicy AND fresh profile, with hints of musk. Could call this “Starry Night” or “Christmas Eve” and not be too far off the mark.

Graphite—similar scent profile to Teakwood, but like Teakwood hit middle age and stopped going to the gym. Also a fantastic scent profile, and like Teakwood, would pair well with Polo Red cologne.

Wish BBW would make a balm in their Noir or Bourbon scent.

I’ll try them on post-shave tomorrow and see how effective they are.

I saw the Graphite, but I feel the price is too high for the size for me to gamble on. Is the performance good? Is the scent as short-lived as the cologne?

The scent on Midnight lasts as long as some of the stronger Pinaud aftershaves, like Whiskey Woods. Can’t remember if the Graphite lasts as long. The performance is on par with PDP. Super soft skin after.

They used to have a 2-in-1 aftershave + lotion that I really liked. It was called White Citrus, I think. I really liked the scent of it. It was discontinued a few years ago. You can find it on eBay, but for way too much $.

Last edited:
I was actually surprised by Midnight, and quite enjoyed it. Be watchful though, this may be the "Cypress" of this upcoming Christmas season. According to the salesperson I spoke with, depending on how it does, it could be discontinued after the holidays.

However, hearing that they've introduced aftershave balms, I would think that Midnight would be a permanent addition to the line-up. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the old CO Bigelow balms, which were some of the best.

It will be interesting to see if they include others besides Midnight and Ocean with these new shaving products. My favorites are Noir and Bourbon and they're not included this far. Maybe they're rolling them out one by one? Time will tell!

Top Bottom