What's new

Basic Question

Hi All:
What do you use to transfer your cream from a tub to your lather bowl? Can't seem to find something I like.

-Kevin

You can swirl your brush on top or use a spoon or your finger to transfer the cream to your bowl, face, brush, etc.

You can swirl your brush on top or use a spoon or your finger to transfer the cream to your bowl, face, brush, etc.

+1...I am a "Dip and Twist" kind of guy. But you must have a drier brush when doing this to prevent injecting a bunch of water into your creams. If I have to add a bit later, I'll just use my finger.

I don't like to use my finger on most creams because it leaves my finger slick and I don't put my brush into my cream because it gets water into it. Answer: a demitasse or caviar spoon. No I'm not drinking espresso and eating caviar all day. Caviar spoons are usually made of bone or mother of pearl so you can match it to a razor that uses the same material.

I use my (clean) finger, but I have also tried those wooden sticks from Star Bucks (the kind that you use to stir in the Milk & Sugar in the coffee)

take a plastic spoon handle and break off the head and the base leaving a 2" piece of plastic with ridges on either side. i sanded the edges withs some sandpaper and it get the perfect ammount of cream every time took me 5 min to make and was free:blink:

I use a little pate knife like this:

proxy.php

You can find them all over the place, and find some really cool ones at the antique stores that you're already searching for razors.

A collar stay works well.

I have been using my finger to scoop out 1/4 tsp of AOS cream. When I use the brush, I feel as though I am wasting a ton of cream. I'll try ^^ that ^^ suggestion tomorrow. I don't know why I have 30 or so sitting in my drawer...

Top Bottom