What's new

Baseball is finally back

My usually pitiful Rangers held the Rockies scoreless tonight and made 1 run stand up for the first win in their new park.

No fans in the stands sure is weird.

My Minnesota Twins vs the White Sox - very first pitch of the game, Max Kepler hits a home run. Then in his second at bat he hits another home run, both against one of their best starters. Long game, just short of 4 hours and Twins take the win 10-5. Chicago had cardboard fans in the stands which looked really weird. I guess it was a fund raiser and they apparently earned $55K. It was kind of funny to see a cardboard former White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzinski in the stands just behind the plate.

My Minnesota Twins vs the White Sox - very first pitch of the game, Max Kepler hits a home run. Then in his second at bat he hits another home run, both against one of their best starters. Long game, just short of 4 hours and Twins take the win 10-5. Chicago had cardboard fans in the stands which looked really weird. I guess it was a fund raiser and they apparently earned $55K. It was kind of funny to see a cardboard former White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzinski in the stands just behind the plate.
Yes, the cardboard fans was comical. George and Laura Bush, Pudge Rodriguez, Chuck Morgan, Emily Jones, Nolan Ryan and many more.

After seeing the pre-game for the Rangers/Rockies and Houston/Seattle, it became clear that baseball is yet another sport I will not be watching this year.
I had hoped that MLB would remain above the political cesspool. Sadly, that is not the case.

After seeing the pre-game for the Rangers/Rockies and Houston/Seattle, it became clear that baseball is yet another sport I will not be watching this year.
I had hoped that MLB would remain above the political cesspool. Sadly, that is not the case.
Why? I missed the first half inning. What did they do? None of this kneeling BS I hope.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Don't be surprised if today is the last day of the season.

Which team has 14 sick members?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IDK, but I hear the Marlins have a few and canceled the game today. So probably them.

FarmerTan

IDK, but I hear the Marlins have a few and canceled the game today. So probably them.
Yep. My brain is only firing on 3 cylinders! I think they are stranded in Pennsylvania? They had played the Phillies or Pirates?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yeah something like that. Finding the damn blackout restriction ruined it all for me again. I think the game is delayed but that’s beside the point. I don’t even care about it at this point.

FarmerTan

Yeah something like that. Finding the damn blackout restriction ruined it all for me again. I think the game is delayed but that’s beside the point. I don’t even care about it at this point.
I'd get flamed by my family if they read this.....but......since I can't physically play the game anymore, it bores me, unless I'm watching little league or high skool.

I haven't had any REAL feelings since the '06 Tigers, and before that, the player's strike ticked me off. So much so that I didn't go to Comerica Park where the Tigers now call home until my son was old enough to appreciate it.

I will only really be terribly upset if Kollege Football and Basketball games are cancelled.

Michigan State has a new football coach, our Men's basketball team looks like we are going to be incredible for a few more years, I can go see the Ladies play basketball and sit in the front row and see some great games CHEAP, and maybe even see Izzo and his guys show up....

Yeah, the pros just don't do it for me anymore. But.......

If the Pistons, or Lions, or Tigers or Wings do get hot? Yeah, I'll be a fanboy again!

Gotta shake your head at MLB. The whole purpose of blackout restrictions was to encourage the home fans to go to the game! I think some moron at MLB is probably saying, “That’s the way we’ve always done it!”

FarmerTan

Gotta shake your head at MLB. The whole purpose of blackout restrictions was to encourage the home fans to go to the game! I think some moron at MLB is probably saying, “That’s the way we’ve always done it!”
Exactly. Stupid is as stupid does. Just cuz they're rich don't make 'em smart.

FarmerTan

It's back but who really cares? With no fans in the seats it just doesn't feel the same.
My thoughts exactly. I can be watching a game and think "maybe I'll get down there sometime this season."

This whole thing about testing players and shutting down teams for 14 days or however long it takes....... I'm just done.

Will we have a home run leader with less than 20 homers?

They should have just cancelled the season.

Top Bottom