What's new

BARRISTER & MANN DIAMOND

Quick travel anecdote from yesterday . . .

I get to the airport and as I'm about to go through security I feel my phone vibrate and hear the tell-tale chime of a text from my son. I dump my stuff in the requisite TSA industrial-boring-gray bin and stroll through the scanner. On the other end I gather my stuff as it rolls painstakingly slowly out the business end of the x-ray scanner. I grab my phone and take a quick glance at the text before grabbing the laptop and returning it to its carry bag.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.14.45 AM.png

I don't want to be that guy who stands there and blocks everyone trying to get by, so I don't tap on the link, but ask "What's the scent profile?" before sliding the phone in my pocket and getting out of the way. I find my gate and about 15 minutes later he still hasn't replied, so I check out the link, read the scent description, then message him back . . .

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.19.37 AM.png

I played ball as a kid--left field, and one bloody, woe-begotten stint at third; I wont' tell the tale here. My son played as well, 1st base, a little outfield, and a lefty pitcher. We both enjoy baseball, and I am of the mind there is something about the game that lays dormant in our American blood as children; some of us tap into it and it grows with us, breathing a life of its own. There's something about putting on a glove and playing catch that resonates deep within, or swinging a bat, hearing and feeling the ball connect and instantly head in the opposite direction. So, as we both now DE shave, seeing this soap offering is, for me, reminiscent of playing catch with him, even though he's on the other side of the globe in Italy with the Navy. I send the necessary follow up question . . .
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.40.29 AM.png

His birthday is next month. Since it's his birthday, it's baseball related, and it's shave soap, my good friend AD pats me on the back and gives me his best you-know-what-you-need-to-do look.

So now I have two tubs of Diamond on the way. Like I needed another shave soap. Pfffttt . . . who am I kidding, of course I needed another one!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Diamond soap was one of the first soaps I bought when i started ... I ve been using it this spring and was very pleased to see the aftershave. it is a unique scent one that i was not completely in love with when i first got it but this year ive been really enjoying it and am happy to get the as.
for the soap ... its a fantastic shave soap and on par with the top stuff. in fact i had been using gd laundry in between using diamond so i have had back to back days to compare and they stack up nicely

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

I get to the airport and as I'm about to go through security I feel my phone vibrate and hear the tell-tale chime of a text from my son. I dump my stuff in the requisite TSA industrial-boring-gray bin and stroll through the scanner. On the other end I gather my stuff as it rolls painstakingly slowly out the business end of the x-ray scanner. I grab my phone and take a quick glance at the text before grabbing the laptop and returning it to its carry bag.

View attachment 971608
I don't want to be that guy who stands there and blocks everyone trying to get by, so I don't tap on the link, but ask "What's the scent profile?" before sliding the phone in my pocket and getting out of the way. I find my gate and about 15 minutes later he still hasn't replied, so I check out the link, read the scent description, then message him back . . .

View attachment 971609
I played ball as a kid--left field, and one bloody, woe-begotten stint at third; I wont' tell the tale here. My son played as well, 1st base, a little outfield, and a lefty pitcher. We both enjoy baseball, and I am of the mind there is something about the game that lays dormant in our American blood as children; some of us tap into it and it grows with us, breathing a life of its own. There's something about putting on a glove and playing catch that resonates deep within, or swinging a bat, hearing and feeling the ball connect and instantly head in the opposite direction. So, as we both now DE shave, seeing this soap offering is, for me, reminiscent of playing catch with him, even though he's on the other side of the globe in Italy with the Navy. I send the necessary follow up question . . .
View attachment 971617
His birthday is next month. Since it's his birthday, it's baseball related, and it's shave soap, my good friend AD pats me on the back and gives me his best you-know-what-you-need-to-do look.

So now I have two tubs of Diamond on the way. Like I needed another shave soap. Pfffttt . . . who am I kidding, of course I needed another one!
Great story! Great Post! Great decision! You just hit an in-the-park homer.

You people really are not helping me with my AD haha. I have been going strong trying my hardest to hold out for next month to get A soap. Now I fear I may end up asking for forgiveness from my SO.

Great story! Great Post! Great decision! You just hit an in-the-park homer.
Thanks Dan!
you wont be disappointed in diamond
I can't imagine I would be. I'm more disappointed in my inability to wiggle free of SAD. But I am enjoying myself, and since I only get to do this human thing once I figure I'm all the better for the great experience of each shave.
I have been going strong trying my hardest to hold out for next month to get A soap.
When I grow up I want to be like you :001_smile
I mean that in the most respectful manner! I, too, have tried making do with all I have, because heaven knows I have more than enough. But, like you, I get on B&B and invariably see these gentlemen discussing how fantastic this or that soap is. I don't succumb to RAD as collecting hardware doesn't seem to be my thing unless it serves a practical/useful ongoing purpose. But freaking soaps . . . I think it's the enticement of experiencing a certain scent through my own filter that attracts me. Plus I'm pretty good at rationalization--I don't drink, don't go out all the time, don't collect cars or chase women, so perhaps I am compensating for being an otherwise dull person :mellow:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
There was absolutely no reason for me to read this thread,and now you guys have me buying a soap that I have never heard of before

View attachment 971608

View attachment 971609
View attachment 971617

I love going to Cardinals games, but your description doesn't sound that appealing... I hope not stale beer anyway! Sounds like a Cubs fan...

View attachment 964461
As a Brewers fans, Id say it sounds like all of us. My wife is a diehard Cardinals fans and Ive been to a few games in St Louis and well, we wont go there...LOL. Yes, my wife is one of those obnoxious Cards fans who thinks that theyre the best and smartest fans in baseball.
Cards fan bashing aside, Im probably going to pick up this soap. Its sounds like a fun scent.

Your description of Cards fans is childs play compared to some Dodger fans. I've been to enough Dbacks games to have experienced a fair number of fan bases, and Dodger fans (the bad apples) are far and away the most obnoxious and rude that I have come across. I like smart fans, they're passionate and understand the game--and love their team. But being a screaming ****head is passion of a different sort I can do without.

If you ever want a good beat down, put on something other than Dodger blue and visit Dodger stadium!! Worst sports fans in history for any sport by a slim margin over Raiders fans... Every year some visiting fan to Dodger stadium winds up in the ER after a game and most years it happens on multiple dates!!

Used Maggards 'free shipping over $15' to get a few things including a number of samples. One of the samples was Diamond. Even though I haven't lathered it yet, I've always loved the performance of B&M soaps but I'm not so sure about scent of this one. The wife turned her nose up at it too. It smells like glazed donuts to us both. Perhaps the scent will change upon lathering, as sometimes happens.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I don’t think you can a full appreciation of the scent in a sample. When the full puck is lathered, the complexity of the different scents is revealed.

I still have the old one, although I liked the Excelsior base, what ultimately made me decide to sit this one out is the art work. If it was different, like with Beaudelaire I probably would have snagged this one up. Diamond scent to me is alright, it's not unpleasant and I think it's great it was re-released in the new formula.

Top Bottom