What's new

Barrister & Mann Aftershaves Being Put On Hold?

Barrister & Mann just sent out an email, in it is the following information:

Many of you have emailed regarding when we will be restocking our non-Barrister's Reserve® aftershave splashes. Due to the rising costs of alcohol and the highly unstable availability of bottles, we're going to be suspending production of Seville, Cheshire, Cologne Russe, Bay Rum, Lavanille, and Le Grand Chypre alcoholic aftershaves until further notice. Instead, we will be introducing alcohol-free aftershave balms for all of our scents in the space of the next couple of weeks.

I hope that this is only a temporary setback, as I LOVE a couple of those aftershaves!

It's been really hard to get rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer for months now. I guess it's the same for B&M.

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have two bottles of their Bay Rum and one bottle of Seville waiting in the wings. I'm set! I did not see this email. Thanks for posting.

Per an email from Barrister & Mann, the balms are here!

Alcohol has grown increasingly scarce and expensive in the Northeast as a result of the ongoing pandemic, so we are suspending production of all non-Barrister's Reserve® aftershave splashes for the time being (Barrister's Reserve® products will remain available for as long as possible). Instead, we are very pleased to announce the availability of our new alcohol-free aftershave balm!

The scarcity of the alcohol soap makers need seems to be an increasing problem. I got a skunked bottle of a vendor's aftershave and they were going to make a new batch and ensure it was good before sending me a replacement. They are having trouble getting what they need to make a new batch.

For those vendors who are able to secure a source of alcohol, let's hope it's a good source without methanol contamination. I didn't know the supply of glass bottles wasn't stable.

Just ordered the seville balm since its unknown when the alcohol based aftershave will be back in stock, let's hope this one is just as good since the price is a bit steep about 25€ for 80ml

Just picked up some Clusterfig to go with my Cologne Russe, Adagio, Sinfonia, Jacinthe, 42 and Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood so I should be set for a while.

The catalyst behind the scarcity of alcohol is hand sanitizer being made at home. Homeowners are cleaning out alcohol sources for hand sanitizer which leaves none for small businesses. It is not an issue unique to B&M, I can assure you.

Man, we must be nearing the shaveocalypse here, guys. I went to the sites of a bunch of the usual suspects, and they are out or running low on all of the non-Reserve aftershaves. I could only find one place that had Seville and Bay Rum in stock! 😭😭😭

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
You would think there wouldn't be a shortage of alcohol but this is
More distressing news.

Top Bottom