What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Update! I should have kept my crazy ideas to myself. Unfortunately, this base is too tacky and prone to staying clumped. On the plus side, I discovered you can palm lather this!
Palm lathers via brush upon palm, or palm lathers via palm upon palm?

Palm lathers via brush upon palm, or palm lathers via palm upon palm?
Why not both! :letterk1:

Actually I tried my method of rubbing my hands together, but everything turned to glue so I had to put some water in my hands. I rubbed them together and put it on my face successfully, about half of it. The only way I could get the rest off my hands without wasting it was to palm lather it. Then I still had to wet and lather everything already on my face. Yeah, I am sticking with my bowl. :001_tt2:

Melange became available in a Canadian reseller today, and Leviathan was restocked. I ordered both but was disappointed there was no sign of goth. @Hannah's Dad thanks for the help with synthetic vs badger. I think I read right in the product description a recommendation to use synthetics.

Just to clarify, the email says Goth/Angel 4PK. Meaning 15% is for buying the two sets together. He also mentioned that everything on sale will have a separate listing from non sale items so don't start adding things to your cart now.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used Omnibus on my last two shaves after two weeks on the road using Arko. Man, what a difference. When I am home, i tend to use high end products, and rarely pull out the mass produced products. So when I go back and forth between B&M, CK-6, The Holy Black, and other great soaps, the difference is relatively small. But going from two weeks of Arko into Omnibus is huge!

I used Leviathan on my first shave this week. And I used Gothique today. I am surprised at how much deeper and darker the Leviathan is than Goth. I find the Goth to be a little on the perfumy side. I tend to stay away from any perfume scents, but this one is only slightly so. So I do like it! And the wife likes it too. Leviathan has none. Its all dark leathery goodness. Otherwise performance is very much the same. I have gotten really good with the Omnibus, and can get rich and thick lathers quite easily. I do need to load the brush more, and add more water. But the results are top shelf. I still wind up with enough lather for about 6 passes. I'd rather have a perfect lather and waste some soap down the sink, than not have a perfect lather, or not have enough lather. I seem to load to much soap no matter what soap I use anyway.

So far I really love this stuff! My other soaps are jealous.

For me, Leviathan is smoother and sweeter than Gothique. I don't get much perfume with Gothique, mostly grassy silage with fern and then a slight hint of Lavender or funeral flowers somewhere in the middle of it all. Both of them are must-haves for me.

And just a heads up- Black Friday B&M sale...some great deals to be had on the old bases. And Vespers is back on Friday.

Happy Black Friday, everyone. For those of you who have become very efficient at loading your brushes with minimal excess, how far do you think you can stretch a fresh puck? Given the rave reviews of Omnibus I really want to dip by toes and buy Seville, but I'm also very puck economy conscious. If it's just not going to last 100+ shaves with conscientious loading, I might have to wait for a bigger sale.

Happy Black Friday, everyone. For those of you who have become very efficient at loading your brushes with minimal excess, how far do you think you can stretch a fresh puck? Given the rave reviews of Omnibus I really want to dip by toes and buy Seville, but I'm also very puck economy conscious. If it's just not going to last 100+ shaves with conscientious loading, I might have to wait for a bigger sale.
My review is two pages back, 80 shaves and I am considered a light loader. Just enough for three passes with brush squeezing.

Which brush you use will be a huge factor. I can get a Maggard sample to last 11-14 shaves if I use my 18mm Maggard Timberwolf. A synthetic is a must... preferably a smaller one that isn't crazy dense, but, really, any synthetic will greatly increase efficiency.

My review is two pages back, 80 shaves and I am considered a light loader. Just enough for three passes with brush squeezing.
Thanks, just read over it. I might just call it a christmas gift to myself and use it as a "special occasions" soap and buy some SV to be my daily driver.

Top Bottom