What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

It smells like a gingerbread cookie drenched in mousse de saxe. It's not bad but I'm not in love with it. It gets better as it dries down.
This is as good a description of the Vespers scent as I've seen. I have the soap and the ASB. More of the sweetness of the gingerbread cookie comes through in the ASB. Not over the top sweet, just a touch more of it than the soap.

Has anyone tried their new hazelnut soap (during the prior release?). Very few reviews online.

Didn't get the earlier batch, but I do have Amazlenut in the Omnibus. Lathers like mad. Scent is definitely more vanilla-forward than I'd expected, with hazlenut and kind of a powdery finish. Was hoping for something a wee bit more Nutella-like.

My dream came true and Nordost is back.

I had acquired a previous version of the soap via BST and was thinking I really just wanted the matching splash (because lord I love that scent). But the more I use omnibus the more I like it so, uh, got that too.

GRUDE down in flames again.

The previous one I might say is moderate. I'm not a good judge of this. I wouldn't want it stronger personally, but I am probably an outlier in that I don't like strong persistent scents, preferring things to settle down to a 'skin scent' after a while. I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on it.

I had acquired a previous version of the soap via BST and was thinking I really just wanted the matching splash (because lord I love that scent). But the more I use omnibus the more I like it so, uh, got that too.

I ordered this today, but what I can't figure out is what makes Nordost a winter seasonal release? Is it the smoke which seems to be a slight smoky addition to the scent?

Has anyone tried their new hazelnut soap (during the prior release?). Very few reviews online.

I just saw this and it might be a little late, but I thought Amazelnut smells like that chocolate like scent from a scratch and sniff book. When I'm trying to decide which soap to use for the day I give all of my seasonals a sniff test and haven't wanted to reach for Amazelnut during the week, but I do like it for the weekends. It might be because the scent is in gourmand territory and it might not be my thing first thing in the morning.

I ordered this today, but what I can't figure out is what makes Nordost a winter seasonal release? Is it the smoke which seems to be a slight smoky addition to the scent?
Unless there is some clear seasonal iconography to a release I tend to interpret it as "we reserve the right to quit offering this at any time." It is definitely smoky but I like it any time.
It might be because the scent is in gourmand territory and it might not be my thing first thing in the morning.
Perfect for pairing with Myrsol Agua Balsamica — holiday dinner in reverse. First, the pie; then, the turkey stuffing. :)

Assumed you were aware of this…. :001_smile

I have been waiting for release of a scent that I do not have and that I think will work for me. I am hoping Nordost will be that scent. Although I have sensitivity issues with many citrus scents: lime, lemon and grapefruit, so far orange, mandarin and bergamot seem to be safe. I will review it shortly after Christmas.

I find the orange component fairly dark orange. Not a bright fresh Mall Orange like an Orange Julius or something. More like a musty old burlap sack from the incinerator room that once held moldy oranges — but in the GOOD way 🤣

no. Smoky orange peel scent--the prior version anyway. Personally, I did not care for it all that much as I found Nordost to be artificial. YMMV. For a natural orange scent that I prefer--see Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Yeah, I think artificial is the word I was looking for. From the description it described that they were looking for a way to make the scent stronger, so I suspect their method was more parfume. No worries, it's not available in Canada anyway. I'm enjoying the other omnibus that I have.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I personally love Nordost. I have a tub if it in Excelsior. Good stuff. But I like citrus scents generally.

Yesterday I broke free from the Omnibus for a bit, and pulled out Oceana in Soft Heart. Man is that some good soap. I still think Soft Heart and Excelsior stand tall as excellent soap bases.

Top Bottom