What's new

Barrister and Mann

Preferred Barrister and Mann soap base

• Total voters
Of the possible selections I voted Excelsior, but Soft Heart (also called PP-8) is even better. It might be the best in my den

You're welcome! Her sister ship, H.M.S. Erebus, was the rocket vessel firing Congreve rockets ("rockets' red glare"). Erebus fired the second-to-last shot of the War of 1812 off the coast of Georgia in March 1815 (the last shot was fired by U.S. Gunboat No. 168 - firing back at Erebus, across her bow. Both of them missing their target - perhaps intentionally - or essentially causing no damage). A second-named Erebus (another bomb vessel) accompanied the ill-fated Franklin Expedition to the Arctic, responsible for the name and homage of the soap.
Fascinating! I always thought the Battle of New Orleans was the last of the fighting. Learn something (actually two things, from you) new every day.

Have my first ever B&M product on the way- the Reserve Cool. Anyone know how it compares to the Seville? Seems they’d be pretty similar? Excited to try it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Have my first ever B&M product on the way- the Reserve Cool. Anyone know how it compares to the Seville? Seems they’d be pretty similar? Excited to try it.
Not similar at all. Cool is a clone of Floid Blu — an absolutely brilliant scent. You’ll love it.

It's a different base, too. All B&M soaps, however, perform well. Add a lot of water.

I voted for excelsior though I haven't tried the other barrister and mann bases. It is a very good base without any weaknesses.

Whenever I see excelsior I think of it as stan Lee's motto. There was also the name of the massive Starfleet vessel that pursued he enterprise in star trek III but had a engine malfunction.

Tried the Terror soap as a sample. Oh hell no! Not for me, freezing my face off while shaving is not my idea of a relaxing shave. Good thing I just got a sample. Next is the Cologne Ruse, and to the fans of Excelsior, I say "excelsior, you fathead!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the containers the reserve line come in. They're my favorite of any soap container.

What do they look like? And please don't post a photo, it won't help me as a blind person. You'll have to describe them. I think my personal fave container is the Whiskey Soap container from, I think Portland soap? I could be wrong, but there's something about the size of that container that's really great, plus the scent brings back memories, despite it not really being a whiskey scent at all. I have never bought a full puck of a B&M soap, though, I was going to before they discontinued the Latha line. Boy did I like that original scent in that line.

What do they look like? And please don't post a photo, it won't help me as a blind person. You'll have to describe them. I think my personal fave container is the Whiskey Soap container from, I think Portland soap? I could be wrong, but there's something about the size of that container that's really great, plus the scent brings back memories, despite it not really being a whiskey scent at all. I have never bought a full puck of a B&M soap, though, I was going to before they discontinued the Latha line. Boy did I like that original scent in that line.

They're all solid black except for the colored symbol in the center of the lid. This symbol varies by scent. "Reserve: Cool", for example is solid black with a side profile blue rose made of clean angles and mostly straight lines in the shape of a flower, if that makes sense. So it's not a solid blue picture of a flower so much as geometrical blue lines making the shape of a flower on a black backdrop. Very clean. Very minimalist. Each scent has a different shape in the center. Reserve Classic has a yellow eagle behind a shield that kind of looks like the seal of the United States on a black backdrop. Reserve Lavender has a violet trident on a black backdrop. Reserve Spice has a red anchor on a black backdrop, Reserve Waves are two grey horizontal squiggly lines with a straight horizontal grey line parallel and underneath the two squiggly lines on a black backdrop and Reserve Fern has a green crown on a black backdrop.

Size wise they're the same size, or very nearly the same size as Noble Otter containers and the transparent Maggards containers. Wide and shallow.

Top Bottom