What's new

Barrister and Mann Sandalwood

So, with this new soap, are you gentlemen finding that you are paying long-lasting soap prices for a short-time cream?
Couldn’t say. How long should a soap or cream last? I’m almost through a tub of TOOBS that I started at the beginning of January, and I’ve only shaved with the B&M twice.

F

ffourteen

So, with this new soap, are you gentlemen finding that you are paying long-lasting soap prices for a short-time cream?
Yes.

On the bright side though, B&M refunded me the price of the sandalwood and let me keep it.

It smells nice. It just won’t last as long as a B&M pick should.

I received an email today announcing that Barrister and Mann has re-issued its Soft Heart Sandalwood soap, balm and splash. I am curious whether anyone here can comment on the scent.

My wife says that she loves sandalwood. However, she tends to be turned-off by scents that are very strong. I just about placed an order when I received the email from Will, but thought it best to ask for advice from this group before placing my order.

I've used several Barrister and Mann soaps and splashes in the past and found them to be rather strongly scented. I am curious about the after shave balm. Good choice for cooler months?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Aromatically pleasant, not your typical sandalwood - whatever that may be.
(Sandalwood comparison base: TOBS, Truefitt & Hill, AOS, Proraso Red)

To my nose, it comes off more cedar with a touch of juniper.

As mentioned earlier, I did note that the consistency appears on the softer side, perhaps softer than Passiflora; but not a deal breaker for me. If I didn't have so many Omnibus, I'd almost certainly have picked this one up.

I've taken in a couple samples and will evaluate once I've had a chance to shave with them.

Last edited:
got mine in today along with the Beaudelaire EDT (main reason I placed this entire order got the soap for giggles) and the soap smells amazing!
1662674277252.png

Top Bottom