What's new

Barrister and Mann Reserve scent strength

I bought some samples of their reserve aftershaves and I really like them, so I decided to buy a full bottle of Fern, classic and lavender. I opened the classic, and it does not smell like the sample! I thought maybe a bad batch, so I open the lavender and it doesn’t smell anything close to the sample! It resembles a lavender, it’s just not the same thing. It is somehow lighter scent as well. I figured that at least one of the three should have the same strength as the samples, so I opened the fern. It does not smell like the sample again! Did I get old aftershaves? I got the brown bottles with the schematics printed on them, are these the newer or the older version? I see that some of them have labels of each scent, are those newer? I did notice that the fern sample is green, whereas the aftershave liquid is not. I read one review for the classic scent where they mention that it smells like old, wet cigarettes, and by smelling my full bottle, I kinda see what they mean! I contacted the seller and he told me that these are a newer inventory but I don’t know how true that is. Have they changed the formula? The aftershave itself feels extremely moisturizing and great on the skin! If I had to assume, I’d say that the aftershaves were sitting around, that would be my guess but I seriously don’t know. Anybody else experience the same thing? Today I received a bottle of the reserve cool, and it’s the same! Sample is blue, full bottle is clear. The scent is lighter but the quality of the moisturizing is excellent!

I will, thanks. I want to order from Maggard’s, as they’ve always been great and their stock is always fresh. That’s where I got the samples, so I’m assuming it’ll match the strength. I’ll see what happens but hopefully they smell better once I shake them up good.

I have the Reserve Cool and Reserve Spice in the brown bottles. The Cool smells like Floid Blue and the Spice smells like Shulton Old Spice. Both kinds have a scent noticeable for three to four hours. And dmilano is right about shaking before use. Good stuff, both of them. Thinking of getting the Classic and Fern varieties soon.

I would say to also wait to pass judgement until after you put them on your skin. I too find they smell “weaker” from the bottle. Maybe something to do with their orifice reducers…not sure.

Sorry to hear. I haven't had any similar encounters with B & M products. All of the soaps and aftershaves I've purchased over the years have lived up to expectations.

Where did you purchase the samples and bottles from?

I love Barrister and Mann, this is why I’m wondering if something was off. I’ve shaken them plenty now, that I think they smell better. I got the samples from Maggard’s.

I just noticed something, when did the two different versions of the reserve released? There’s the one with labels, the design of the scent is on those labels, and then there’s the bottles that have the printed schematics on them. Which came first?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just noticed something, when did the two different versions of the reserve released? There’s the one with labels, the design of the scent is on those labels, and then there’s the bottles that have the printed schematics on them. Which came first?
Good question..... I do seem to remember another person mentioning a product/formula change a while back...

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
These came first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
How probable do you guys think that stores have those “printed schematics” bottles in stock? There’s a few websites that show the previous bottle but it might be that they haven’t uploaded the newer bottle.

These came first.
Hi all trying to track down reserve versions myself.
The first release was clear bottles and white label stickers.
The brown bottles came later with fern, lavender and waves added to the spice, classic and cool.

That’s what I remember as I stocked up quite a bit about 3-5 years ago. Now trying to get some more reserve.

Yes correct - glass bottles - red was spice, blue is cool below. Classic was the clear/slightly yellow bottle. The later brown ones didn’t allow the colour to show.

I have kept a couple bottles but removed labels and reused. Wish I hadn’t now
9AFA807A-4CDF-4629-AC48-538A5646E9C8.jpeg

Top Bottom