What's new

Barrister and Mann Four Horsemen Scents

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
First shave with Plague was outstanding. The medicinal vibe definitely comes through, and it’s appropriate for this theme. Great scent, IMHO.
9FB2BDBA-0A01-435F-B6F1-B1337507D4C6.jpeg

Funny that you mention washing your brush. I'm going to have to do the same. After hours my bathroom still smells like the soap and know my brush need a reset.
I have made a lather with Stirling's Glastonbury which is very potent, and the brush still sinks of cilantro. I love tacos with cilantro. My Simpson T2? Not so much.

I have made a lather with Stirling's Glastonbury which is very potent, and the brush still sinks of cilantro. I love tacos with cilantro. My Simpson T2? Not so much.
Dude! You have no idea!

I took my smelly brush and slathered it with some clarifying shampoo. Let it sit for a few hours. Washed it... Didn't work. It still smells. I did this a second time and still no love. So I thought fine, I'm just going to use it to whip up some other soap's lather. I chose Tabac because it has a nice, lovely, smooth fragrance that's fairly strong. I let the brush sit with the lather on it for a few hours. The lather had dried on it. I thought this had to have done the trick... Nope. Still smells like cilantro covered tacos. 🤦‍♂️

At this point I give up. Even now if I go and check it, it will still smell like War. I'm just going to do my best to ignore it and continue to use the brush assuming that in time it will all work out. 🤷‍♂️

Hannah's Dad

I am so glad I have not lathered War on any of my brushes. It’s Fall here in Western Pennsylvania, and Stink Bugs are starting to appear. War smells strikingly similar to a Stink Bug’s scent. I’ve held onto it for several days, hoping I might warm up to the scent. I didn’t and yesterday it went into the trash, never to return.

I am so glad I have not lathered War on any of my brushes. It’s Fall here in Western Pennsylvania, and Stink Bugs are starting to appear. War smells strikingly similar to a Stink Bug’s scent. I’ve held onto it for several days, hoping I might warm up to the scent. I didn’t and yesterday it went into the trash, never to return.

I appreciate people like you taking the bold step to be among the first to obtain new samples/soaps and often save the rest of us a few bucks.

Being compared to the smell of stink bugs would be an epic failure of a scent, but it’s better than eating stink bugs on your tacos with cilantro.

Makes me think @BradWorld is going to regret shaving with War unless his desire is to smell like stink bugs.

Hannah's Dad

I appreciate people like you taking the bold step to be among the first to obtain new samples/soaps and often save the rest of us a few bucks.

Being compared to the smell of stink bugs would be an epic failure of a scent, but it’s better than eating stink bugs on your tacos with cilantro.

Makes me think @BradWorld is going to regret shaving with War unless his desire is to smell like stink bugs.
I’m an unashamed fan of B&M, and I like most of Will’s creations.

Fun fact: both cilantro and stink bug share Aldehyde (a chemical that smells like soap)​

r/FuckCilantro - Fun fact: both cilantro and stink bug share Aldehyde (a chemical that smells like soap)

I’m an unashamed fan of B&M, and I like most of Will’s creations.

Fun fact: both cilantro and stink bug share Aldehyde (a chemical that smells like soap)​

r/****Cilantro - Fun fact: both cilantro and stink bug share Aldehyde (a chemical that smells like soap)
Oh I agree, I too like most of Will’s creations (Omnibus is my favorite base by far, although I don’t have a lot of experience trying a lot of soaps). Should I be worried you know so much about stink bugs??

Hannah's Dad

Oh I agree, I too like most of Will’s creations (Omnibus is my favorite base by far, although I don’t have a lot of experience trying a lot of soaps). Should I be worried you know so much about stink bugs??
Haha … no need to worry, Kirk. They are simply a part of Autumn here in Pittsburgh.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Gave the Death a shot yesterday. It was quite excellent. Great scent. Usual Omnibus performance. I am traveling, so I didnt dare pack the War in my luggage for fear it would make all of my clothes and gear smell like rotting corpses. I will certainly try it when I get home at the end of the month. I promise you I will. :)

1665920024021.jpeg

Total surprise tonight shaving with Famine for the first time. Off the sample, It was my least favorite just above War (dead last). But somehow once I whipped it up and started slathering it on - the powdery/woody top note started to become addictive somehow. I can't explain it. Like it doesn't feel like the kind of scent I'd open the tub to sniff, but I really really enjoyed the shave.

Will, what have you done here?

Total surprise tonight shaving with Famine for the first time. Off the sample, It was my least favorite just above War (dead last). But somehow once I whipped it up and started slathering it on - the powdery/woody top note started to become addictive somehow. I can't explain it. Like it doesn't feel like the kind of scent I'd open the tub to sniff, but I really really enjoyed the shave.

Will, what have you done here?
I feel like an outsider but having shaved with all four, Famine was the clear winner to me. The notes that sit on top of the base just come together so well when it's whipped up and on your face. Addictive is a good way to describe this one. I agree.

Dude! You have no idea!

I took my smelly brush and slathered it with some clarifying shampoo. Let it sit for a few hours. Washed it... Didn't work. It still smells. I did this a second time and still no love. So I thought fine, I'm just going to use it to whip up some other soap's lather. I chose Tabac because it has a nice, lovely, smooth fragrance that's fairly strong. I let the brush sit with the lather on it for a few hours. The lather had dried on it. I thought this had to have done the trick... Nope. Still smells like cilantro covered tacos. 🤦‍♂️

At this point I give up. Even now if I go and check it, it will still smell like War. I'm just going to do my best to ignore it and continue to use the brush assuming that in time it will all work out. 🤷‍♂️
I have used my Simpson's T2 a few times and War still lingers. I got my Set of Death yesterday and used the T2 to lather up. It does have a lingering scent of War. Stuff is unreal. Ihave seen a few gents post on Reddit that they have the Soap & AS, but none have posted a SOTD, the only person I know has used War to shave is you. I am so looking forward to reading reviews. I imagine there will be some who like it? Does anyone know how many B&M Made of each?

I have used my Simpson's T2 a few times and War still lingers. I got my Set of Death yesterday and used the T2 to lather up. It does have a lingering scent of War. Stuff is unreal. Ihave seen a few gents post on Reddit that they have the Soap & AS, but none have posted a SOTD, the only person I know has used War to shave is you. I am so looking forward to reading reviews. I imagine there will be some who like it? Does anyone know how many B&M Made of each?
It's interesting that you mention all this. I was just thing about this the other day.

I myself don't recall seeing any posts other than mine of someone actually having shaved with War. I was also wondering and still am very curious to know the sales figures for each of the four scents. It would be interesting to see how they all stacked up against each other.

As far as the brush I used goes, I haven't used it since putting in all that effort to clean it. I'll use it next week but am a little leary to say the least.

It's interesting that you mention all this. I was just thing about this the other day.

I myself don't recall seeing any posts other than mine of someone actually having shaved with War. I was also wondering and still am very curious to know the sales figures for each of the four scents. It would be interesting to see how they all stacked up against each other.

As far as the brush I used goes, I haven't used it since putting in all that effort to clean it. I'll use it next week but am a little leary to say the least.
I have only read of two other fellows that reported receiving War, and intending on shaving with it. I also am curious as to how much War soap and Aftershave will be not used / sold. It's a wasteful shame really. Hope it can be recycled in some way.

Top Bottom