What's new

Barrister and Mann announcement ... discontinuation of the Latha line

Still plenty of Latha products available at the retailers if y'all want to stock up.
I'm sure the sad vibes will subside after not too long when we remember we have so many other good soaps to use and try ;-)

I liked Seville a lot, but I could never justify buying B&M over Stirling, or Soap Commander. I had a tub of the original Latha that worked really well, but I hated the oddly sour scent.

I wish they’d put the Seville in a Reserve base. It’s current base just doesn’t cut it anymore in comparison with the bases from other players like WhollyKow and Grooming Department.

So Reserve is indeed that much better eh ??
Seville is my favorite scent, but I must say, while very good, not my best performing soap.

I'm very curious now... Fern in my future perhaps. :yesnod:

Latha seemed like their value/everyman line--which is my kind of line.
I don't see myself following into their pricier, fancier lines.

Seville is my favorite scent, but I must say, while very good, not my best performing soap

+1. I’d come back to Seville in a split second if they put it into their top tier base.. But, I won’t trade off performance for scent...even as much as I love Seville.

I'll miss the Taiga soap.

I'm sure B&M thought twice before letting down their customer base, so they must have had compelling reasons. As others have said, they at least went about it in the right way. I'm inclined to cut them a little slack.

I think Latha is one of the best performers you can buy. I put it right up there with MWF. I like so much I even put it into a stick form and it works great like that also. I will have to stock up on a few.

I think Latha is one of the best performers you can buy. I put it right up there with MWF. I like so much I even put it into a stick form and it works great like that also. I will have to stock up on a few.
Never used MWF but there’s nothing better than Latha oceana on a humid Ohio morning and splashing on the $7.99 AS.

Some B+B members like myself just can’t cope with complex scents or any scent at all and the Latha range filled a need so I’m disappointed to see it go. I do however appreciate being told about it
and I’ve just finished ordering extra tubs of the Unscented and Limon, as well as the Sandlewood which I’d wanted to try. That should keep me stocked for awhile.

I have seen this all of my life, company's make there money from working men and women then they become too big to cater to them any more because there is bigger fish out there. And yes I have 4 of their soaps. Great soaps, but I will deal with people that want my business.
proxy.php

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
A-1 on that statement.!!

I was excited to try B&M and ordered some samples of the AS for scent profiles. I received a seemingly personal email to engage about the product. I asked some questions about the products and got a "that information is proprietary" email, which in my book is a "middle finger" to the customer. Not really what I expect from an artisinal maker. Put a bad taste in my mouth and makes me not even want to order the soaps going forward.

Top Bottom