What's new

Bark or no barking

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I like Black's as well as Kreuz's. You better go to both just to make sure. :001_smile

Pictures are you weren't there.

Planning on Black's because of the hour of arrival. Kreuz's closes earlier but we shall see. Hell we may just eat at one on the way up and eat at the other on the way back. But???
Then how/where would we fit in The King's Inn???
They sell their fried shrimp and catfish and oysters by the pound. And their avocado salad is incredible!!!
What a conundrum!
I shall take pictures and post them!
Guy's take a look at their online menu.
It's something!

martym

I have to move to Texas when I retire. Will I get shot if I also bbq pork shoulder?

You're good! You just have to invite the neighbors or at the very least take them a plate or two!!
Texas Friendly!

Hear in nc..We have bbqers that cook over real wood and others that use an oven and no wood..I guess it's cheaper then useing real wood..The pink color comes from the smoke..You can tell if the place use wood or an oven..

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have to move to Texas when I retire. Will I get shot if I also bbq pork shoulder?
Oh, they will claim brisket is better (it isn't, but I don't argue too much), but I have never seen a Texan turn his nose up at a good pulled pork.

Black's has beef ribs that are 9" long and weigh about 1lb

From your description I think those might be plate ribs and are called Brontosaurus ribs here. Usually sold as 3-4 in the ''rack''. Local butcher shop carries them. The look on people faces when you plop one of them puppies on their plate is as they say 'priceless'.:001_smile

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Curse you and your pictures of perfectly prepared and scrumptious-looking brisket that I looked at right before heading to work. (Where, sadly, there is a significant lack of BBQ) :cryin:

Those aren't mine in the picture....but these are:

IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG

martym

It happened

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

martym

IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
We went back on Sunday to buy a little to bring home. Here are a few shots

Must have bark!!!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I'll be eating beef ribs Tuesday evening at Stiles Switch BBQ in Austin. Those pix just amped up the anticipation.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'll be eating beef ribs Tuesday evening at Stiles Switch BBQ in Austin. Those pix just amped up the anticipation.

I took a look at their website. It looks amazing. They even make brisket Frito pie.

Pictures or you weren't their.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I took a look at their website. It looks amazing. They even make brisket Frito pie.

Pictures or you weren't their.

That's one of the better frito pies that I've found. Also has a brisket chimi that is not on the menu.

I'm interviewing a guy for a Director position that I have open there. We'll see how he performs at a true BBQ joint. If he orders their beans, and follow with peach cobbler and BlueBell, I'll probably hire him LOL!

I stay up on that end of Austin when I'm working there. Still try to work in the trip to Southside Market if possible though :) When I fly in on a Sunday afternoon, my first turn from the airport is towards Manor.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That's one of the better frito pies that I've found. Also has a brisket chimi that is not on the menu.

I'm interviewing a guy for a Director position that I have open there. We'll see how he performs at a true BBQ joint. If he orders their beans, and follow with peach cobbler and BlueBell, I'll probably hire him LOL!

I stay up on that end of Austin when I'm working there. Still try to work in the trip to Southside Market if possible though :) When I fly in on a Sunday afternoon, my first turn from the airport is towards Manor.

Southside Market is just a small road trip up from Manor into Elgin. It's worth the trip. Their sausage is good.

Top Bottom