What's new

Bargain Blade Bank (UK)

Hi everyone, I was in my local Poundland here in the UK and they were selling these metallic money banks for just £1. They are a good substitute for a blade bank as the top does not open and the slit at the top can be squeezed/hammered shut.
proxy.php

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They work well. I use something similar here in Australia. It will take quite some time to fill it up.

I just use an old coffee tin with a slit cut into the plastic top, I might be thinking about something more secure if there were childrfen in the house. Most of my blades came in a plastic holder which have a back slot for used blades however61HFyk4DVpL._SX679_.jpg
61HFyk4DVpL._SX679_.jpg

They work well. I use something similar here in Australia. It will take quite some time to fill it up.
Might take a decade or two [emoji23]

But it made sense getting this, as blade banks can cost between £3.00 to £18.00 plus, and they are only a fraction of the size

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I just use an old coffee tin with a slit cut into the plastic top, I might be thinking about something more secure if there were childrfen in the house. Most of my blades came in a plastic holder which have a back slot for used blades howeverView attachment 1021752View attachment 1021752
As I'm aiming to recycle the used blades, the best way to go about it is to place them in a sealed metallic container, which can then be placed in the metal recycling bin at my local recycling centre. Anything with a loose lid won't be good due to the injury hazard for the workmen at the centre.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I would put a little glue round the top to seal the lid. But realistically, I think I will be well dead before the tin is full.

Top Bottom