What's new

Barbicide 101

Ok I searched the forums for Barbicide and had a ton of hits, and I read through some of them. My question is when you use Barbicide do you make a fresh batch every time you soak a razor, or do you just keep a mix in a glass jar and keep using it over and over. Does Barbicide lose its effectiveness over time or not?

Its pretty cheap so if I had to make a batch (1oz to 16oz of water) every time I bought a vintage razor it would not be that bad.

Please give me your thoughts on the best way to use Barbicide.

Also if there is a thread that answers my questions please include a link to it.

Thanks

In a barbershop environment, I believe they want you to replace the batch once a day or once a week. The stuff doesn't go bad. You should be able to use it for several months if you're just cleaning something every few weeks.

Choose the "good clean fun" tab on this link and take their quiz.

- Chris

My Barber who is ont he state Board said that you are supposed to change it every two weeks. He said he changes his every two days.

One thing to take to heart about Barbicide (and similar products) is that whatever you soak in it needs to be clean to begin with. Soiled items can be compromised. It is a sanitizer only and not a cleaning agent. Clean the item first, then soak.

In a barbershop environment, I believe they want you to replace the batch once a day or once a week. The stuff doesn't go bad. You should be able to use it for several months if you're just cleaning something every few weeks.

Choose the "good clean fun" tab on this link and take their quiz.

- Chris

Your link said to change it every day.

Top Bottom