What's new

Barbershop scented soaps

I've tried Stirling Barbershop.. love it.

Thinking of trying others. Razorock What the Puck Barbershop Blue is on my radar.

How does it compare to Stirling?

Are there other Barbershop scented soaps I should consider, & how do they compare to Stirling (scent-wise.)

Never tried Stirling so I can't compare to it but Mama Bear's soaps makes a really nice barbershop scented soap called Ye Olde Barber Shoppe.
Great smelling and performing shave soap.

The Barbershop term is getting too broad for fragrances, IMO.

RR Blue Barbershop is based on floid blue.

Most other barbershops are based on YSL Rive Gauche. (which is probably based on clubman and brut which are both probably based on houbigant Fougere Royale)

I agree that barbershop is too broad of a term to tell you what it will smell like, I won't buy one that doesn't list the scent notes.

I do like Bandwagon too but to me, nothing smacks of barbershop like Fine American Blend. Still, to me, Bandwagon is a better performer. And Seville is also up there with the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Stirling Barbershop and the performance was great. However, from a scent standpoint the vanilla in the soap was just too much for me. I've been using Mike's Natural Soaps - Barbershop for a very long time now, and for me the performance of his soaps are fantastic and this one is no exception. Not to mention, it's a very nice clean Barbershop scent and many aftershaves pair nicely with it. I like it it's a keeper in my book.

1. Barrister & Mann Seville
2. Declaration Grooming Bandwagon
3. Chiseled face Ghost Town Barber
4. Grooming department Barbershop
5. Fine American Barbershop
6. Soap commander Honor

Well barbershops probably smell somewhat different the world over. A Turkish barbershop doesn’t smell the same as an Italian barbershop and so on.

RR Blue Barber shop is nice (and cheap too) but I wouldn't put it at the same level as Sterling Barbershop which I'm very in love with. The RR Blue kind of reminds me of a worse version of Barrister Reserve - Cool. Noble Otter Barbarr is great too.

Imo, Stirling is an outlier. Different than the few others I've tried. I have Stirling, Hendrix / Mike's (very close to each other in the scent Dept), and RR WTP. Each is very different, and great in it's own manner.

WTP is powder forward... But in a great, barbershop reminiscent way. It's light and refreshing, and a puck of it lasts about 3 eternities. Lol. It is also a great travel soap as it is compact and dries in seconds.

You can get a text-book depiction of the ingredients in a lot of them at trythatsoap.com . It's a great site. I'd also suggest ordering samples from Maggards to get an idea of what you prefer.

Nonetheless, if you choose WTP barbershop I think you'll be pleased. It's a great performing, cheap, and versatile soap.

Good luck.

Top Bottom