What's new

"Barbershop" scent essential oils recipe?

Hello everyone,

I've just started making my own beard oil and would love a "barbershop" scent, using essential oils. I've tried a fragrance oil, but I'm not happy with it for different reasons.

The scent I'd love to come close to is Pinaud Clubman talc. To me, that's the barbershop smell. At least from what I remember from the 70s. :)

Anyone have any guidance or essential oil recipe they could share? I'm not a pro, so if you could give a drops ratio for each oil, that'd help.

Thanks so much in advance.

Welcome to B&B, Sir John!

I know Nothing about beards and Nothing about essential oils!

And, if you remember form the 70's, you're no spring chick!

But, here are a couple thoughts, just FYI.

Start with a couple drops of Lavender EO plus a couple drops of Bergamot essential oil.

I see that some guys use a base with jojoba oil plus almond oil plus coconut oil.

But experiment and find your own sweet spot!

I'm no help with a recipe, but wanted to say WSP makes a great Barbershop scented beard oil. I'm not sure how close it smells to Clubman, I still haven't tried that.

Thanks for the tip on WSP's barbershop scented oil, Troy.

I check out their page and saw their ingredients: powdery musk, added some bergamot, orange zest, oakmoss, patchouli, and finished it with a hint of geranium.

I wonder what essential oil "powdery musk" is.

I just picked up some Clubman, at the drugstore today. As far as how it compares to WSP, I would say add lavender and loose the patchouli.

Top Bottom