What's new

Barbershop or cut your own hair?

Do you go to a Barbershop or cut your own hair??

• I go to a Barbershop everytime. I love the old time experience!

• I cut my own hair. I don't have to wait in line and it saves me money!

• I don't have enough hair to cut it. I shave my head!

• None of the baove. My wife, girlfriend or mother does.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been cutting my own hair for years. I've never really liked the haircuts I got at the barber shop, salon, etc. Also, I don't generally like small talk, and it saves money, so I just ended up doing it myself. I just buzz it, whenever it looks like I need it.

Difenately Barber shop for me. I just can't understand those guys that go to the mall and get a beautician to cut their hair. I want a person (male or female) who is a trained barber.

Just started with a new barbershop on Friday. Lakeside Barber Shop in Acworth. Like it pretty well, so far. Got the hot lather shave around the edges at the finish (without asking, the way it should be!). $16 + tip.

I usually go to the barbers every other weekend for a fresh buzz (fade). having short hair sure saves time when you are in a hurry to get to work ( just towel it dry) Most barbers still use a straight, and hot lather for the back, and sides of the neck ( and some osage rub!)

Wall Clipper #2 guard as needed. :) For summertime can go down to #1/2 guard... I might have a #1/4 guard too now that I think about it. Done that in the past too. Love it.

Just started with a new barbershop on Friday. Lakeside Barber Shop in Acworth. Like it pretty well, so far. Got the hot lather shave around the edges at the finish (without asking, the way it should be!). $16 + tip.

I've used them before myself. Although it's a bit of a hike for me, I've switched to Barker-Jackson Master Barbershop in Canton (in that new shopping center on 20). Much more of an old time feel and the price is the same. They also do straight razor shaves with a shavettte (as required by law).

I've been going to a barber here in SLC and the haircuts grow out better than I'd ever gotten at a Great Clips type place. I also love the atmosphere. The smell of talc and bay rum, as well as having TV's where I can catch an NBA game in my way home from work can't be beat. Hot lather, straight edge on my neck, and a shoulder massage to top it off for $13.

My wife tried cutting my hair a few times and we both realized $13/month was way cheaper than marriage counseling.

In the summertime My hair grows so fast, I have My g.f. give Me a nice close buzzcut about every six weeks or so. Although in the fall/winter months I like to grow it out, so I usually end up going to a barber to get a nice trim done.

I used to go to a barbershop for years to get my hair cut and enjoyed it. It was still economical at only $6 before tip. Once the barber retired the only places left in my area were styling salons so I pick up a set of whal clippers.The first few haircuts I gave myself were pretty bad but after that it became very easy and I've never turned back.

My brother cuts my hair 90% of the time. Once every year or two I'll go to the barbers to get the lines nice and straight. I have a mohawk so it isn't too difficult.

I really like a few barbershops, the problem being the ones I like are far away. I have visited my fiance in Canada and found old Italian barbers in both Maple, Ontario, and another old barber in Windsor. I tried one locally and was quite disappointed. My hair was cut way too short for what I asked for and the guy had little kids running amok around the shop (I think they were his). The search continues...The last time I cut my own hair, I gave myself an awesome mohawk. Then proceeded to dye it blue-black.

My daughter is a hair stylist at the most expensive salon in South Florida.....Men's cuts START at $80....so before I moved my daughter would cut my hair....a fade....but she doesn't use clippers....scissors and a comb...with a longer top that I use some pretty thick pomade to mess up for a sorta just out of bed/ faux hawkish look....

In Jacksonville, I go to a all black barbershop....I think i'm the only white guy that goes there....lol.....but that being said...the barbers are wonderful;....I'm treated great....shaves neck and around face with a st8 razor...clubman talc...and Gregory is probably the best barber I've ever had....

If your ever in Jax try out " Who'z Next" on Baymeadows drive.... hair cuts $15...shave $10

I cut it myself for the first time tonight. For the last couple months I have been having the barber buzz it with a #2 on top and #1 on the sides. I finally decided that as much as I like going to the barber I can't justify $15 dollars for that so on the way home tonight I bought some clippers and did it myself. I figure that I can practice cutting the fade from the 1 to the 2 twice a month and cut it all short if it does not look good. Still waiting for the wife to get home to pass judgement but it looks pretty good to me. I will miss chatting with the barber and the straight razor cleanup of the neck at the end though.

My wife cuts my hair. She bought a pair of professional Wahl clippers and went to work. She does an amazing job every time.

For the last few years I've been getting a No. 2 cut at the barbers, then I got some clippers to try it myself. I went back to the barbers after that, it's too hard doing it yourself to get a good cut. Recently though I've decided to let some hair grow on the top of my head, before it disappears for good, I've noticed it getting a bit thin on the crown. As long as it looks neat and fits under my Beret, and the sides and back are short enough, I'm happy. I'm also going to change where I go as the last cut wasn't very good, cheap at £5, but who cares how cheap it is when it doesn't look right. I also have a little grey showing on one side, I was thinking of having it dyed, I'll see what can be done.

I like my hair very short so I have my wife cut it for me. I am trying to get her to use a straight razor to take it down to the scalp but she is too afraid. I will, however, keep trying.

For years I had a tough time looking for a reliable and skilled barber, until I found my man Geno. I've been going to Geno's Custom Haircuts for about a year, and he always leaves me looking sharp and dapper, if I may say so myself. Although Geno specializes in rockabilly styles, he's skilled and smart enough to do whatever you instruct him to do on your hair. I'm sporting an old school side part with tapered sides and back, so it's hard to find someone who knows what I'm talking about when I describe what I want. Thus far, I've been very satisfied with his work and I highly recommend him to any one looking for a great barber. Although his cuts are moderately priced (approx. $18 per cut) and he works only by appointments, the cut and the entire experience is very satisfying and pleasant.

Here's a link to his Yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/genos-custom-haircuts-orange

Top Bottom