What's new

Barbershop or cut your own hair?

Do you go to a Barbershop or cut your own hair??

• I go to a Barbershop everytime. I love the old time experience!

• I cut my own hair. I don't have to wait in line and it saves me money!

• I don't have enough hair to cut it. I shave my head!

• None of the baove. My wife, girlfriend or mother does.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Barbers use other barbers to cut their hair. Unless you use a trimmer, it is nearly impossible to cut your own hair.

Al raz.

I go to a Barbershop everytime...and I hate it. There isn't a single barber in the state of North Dakota that knows how to fade.

I went with the Jason Statham buzz cut 3 years ago. SWMBO hits me with the trimmer every 10 days. Fast and easy.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I was shaving my 'nogging' once a week (Sundays), using either my Merkur's 23C OR 38C using Shark SC blades, but now have changed to using Bic single-blade disposables for speed and convenience and actually get a BBS headshave (and saves me lots of 'moola' too...Yeah Baby!!!), without any problems, nicks and bumps. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut [or shave]". Daniel S. Greenberg

I cut mine myself with a #1 guard on the clippers. Before I would get my hair cut very 2 weeks @ $12 a pop. Bought some $25 Wahl cordless clippers from Walmart and saved a boatload of money.

I started using clippers on my hair about 5 years ago and have switched to shorter guards every couple of months to now where I don't use one. My clippers are starting to dull and not cut as well so I'll be getting one of those Wahl Balding Clippers and having a go at it.

I have had the same barber for 30 years. She retired about a month a go. The barber who bought her shop does a good job too. My hair is thick and grows fast. If I go too long without a haircut the ends of my hair start to curl up. Altohough my hair has gone grey I still have a lot of hair. If I tried to cut my own hair I would be embarassed to go out in public.

Steve

None of the above - I go to a salon in the little town I live in. Friend cuts my hair in exchange for fresh-roasted coffee.

I cut my own for 4 years! this past summer I started growing it a bit longer and that makes a trim a bit more difficult.

That is probably because no one gets fades anymore except for people in the military :001_smile

I get a fade three times a month. I love a fresh fade. Nothing better than a nice cut followed by a st8 shave. I rotate between three barbers all of who are amazing at giving fades.

The problem here is that there are very few barbers around, so I usually end up going to a unisex hairdressing salon and paying $30 for something a barber could have done for $14. The only barbers I know of are on military bases or in country towns these days.

Top Bottom