What's new

Barbershop Fragrances

• I've got the TOBS Mr. Taylor shaving cream and I don't seem to get the same powder scent as I do from the Stirling product.
The edt seems to be a little different from the cream a bit more pronounced, another excellent barbershop scent is Barrister and man seville

I've never tried the Stirling, but Seville is the first I think about when I think of a barbershop scent.
I see now that Seville also has an EDT in that scent. I wonder how it performs. I do have the Seville, and while I prefer the scent of Stirling, there's certainly nothing wrong with Seville. Quite nice.

A nice couple to consider :

Jaipur Boucheron EDP
-a sophisticated warm bbshop in the invasion barbare old spice family

Replica At the Barbers by Margiela
-clean fresh bright bbshop, pairs perfectly with Maggards London bbshop soap as well as Seville

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have you ever smelled "Tonga" by AmWay? It is FREAKISHLY like a "Clubman on Steroids!"

It has become my newest favorite cologne. I have a really uneducated nose, but I'd pay good money for it, seriously.

No, but you know we both love the Avon products.

Interestingly, I don't even consider their flagship scent "Wild Country" a barbershop scent. Commercial hair cutters never used these domestic products.

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No, but you know we both love the Avon products.

Interestingly, I don't even consider their flagship scent "Wild Country" a barbershop scent. Commercial hair cutters never used these domestic products.

AA
Yeah, I just NEVER got into Wild Country. But the vintage is MUCH better to my nose!

RIVE GAUCHE POUR HOMME is probably the best "barbershop" scent. It manages to channel both Barbasol and Clubman. One neat trick.

It is unfortunately discontinued, and great as it is, I wouldn't advocate paying some exhoribant jacked up price for it. There are lots of other great barbershop style scents at varying price points.

AZZARO POUR HOMME
PENHALIGONS SARTORIAL $
CHANEL POUR MONSIEUR EdP
NOBILE 1942 FOUGERE NOBILE $
REPLICA AT THE BARBERS $
DANA CANOE (Great companion for CLUBMAN!)
AVON WILD COUNTRY
TOM FORD BEAU DE JOUR $$
CHANEL PLATINUM EGOISTE
AMOUAGE BRACKEN MAN $$$
TOM FORD FOUGERE D'ARGENT $$$

I love love love the smell of Stirling Barbershop. I had the EDT on the other day and my dad said “wow you smell good”. However, Stirling EDTs really don’t have much longevity on me.

Anyone know of colognes that have that Barbershop type scent?
Well, Pinaud Clubman of course. I remember as a boy being powdered with that after a sharp haircut, the kind where the barber actually shaved your neck and over the ears.

The edt seems to be a little different from the cream a bit more pronounced, another excellent barbershop scent is Barrister and man seville

The EDT smells very different then the cream. I love the scent of the cream which is very "barbershop-y", but the EDT smells to much like incense and herbs. If it had smelled like the cream (supposedly T&H Grafton does) then I would stock up on their edt, deodorant, bath soap, etc

EUCRIS

eucris.jpg

Top Bottom