What's new

Barbershop beard trims

Do you get beard trims at the barbershop?

• Never

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Regularly

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Tried It, didn't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering how many guys get a brard trim at the barbershop? I was maintaining a 3 mm beard length using my home clippers, but 3 weeks ago decided to let it grow out fully to see how bushy I can wear it. At some point, maybe 6 months, I'll want to get it shaped up under my neck and on my cheeks, but I'm not the best to do it symmetrically. I'll be looking for a good barber that does beard trims.

I do not have a beard, but I do have a moustache, sideburns, and eyebrows. Although my barber gives a good haircut, they always trim my sideburns and eyebrows way too close. Since my hair is white, I have to maintain a certain minimum length for the hair to show. Thus, I won't let him trim anything other than around my ears and the back of my neck. I have a Phillips Norelco trimmer. It has a variety of attachments that are suitable for beards, moustaches, eyebrows, sideburns, body hair, etc.

Just wondering how many guys get a brard trim at the barbershop? I was maintaining a 3 mm beard length using my home clippers, but 3 weeks ago decided to let it grow out fully to see how bushy I can wear it. At some point, maybe 6 months, I'll want to get it shaped up under my neck and on my cheeks, but I'm not the best to do it symmetrically. I'll be looking for a good barber that does beard trims.
The last time I had a barber trim my beard was around 1977-78, I have trimmed it myself ever since. They did do a very nice job scissors only.

Absolutely nothing wrong with letting a barber work on your beard imo.

The guy I go to will trim/shape my beard twice a year. I do have to be very specific on how I want it. He does a good job and takes less than I do.

He does require extra time, so i have to book it in advance. So I end up trimming it myself most of the time.

I would definitely look at their work though. I notice that many barbers want to trim beards short, and make very defined edges/lines.

I don't want that. I want to keep my beard as natural as possible, while still looking presentable. I work in retail, so I try to keep it neat.

Top Bottom