What's new

Barber Shop Pay it Forward

My boys (13&6) were overdue for a haircut. I made them an appointment for Tuesday after school. The barber shop does good work and is quite busy. My oldest was just finished and little dude was next. The barber asked if he could take this guy first and do my kids hair after. In my mind I was thinking we have and an appointment and this guy is a walk in. Anyway I was just chilling on the couch reading magazines so I said yea why not. The man asked if I was sure and I said yea it’s not a problem. He thanked me and I didn’t think much of it. He paid and left. When my youngest was done the barber said my bill was taken care of and wouldn’t even accept a tip. He said that guy took care of your bill. I seriously didn’t know how to react. Deer in the headlights moment because I’ve never had someone do something like that for me. Made my day to be on the receiving end of a thoughtful act like that.

Got me thinking I need to pay it forward for someone just because.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic story!
Pre easy pass i would sometimes pay the toll for the car behind me

I did something like that once. Well, it was a bar. And she had nice legs.

Well, did that pair of legs follow you home???
C'mon, you can't leave us guys hanging like that! lol

Yeah, it's sad how little things like paying it forward and saying "Thank you!" are so rare these days that when they happen we're shocked. Used to be alot more common.

Well, did that pair of legs follow you home???
C'mon, you can't leave us guys hanging like that! lol

Yeah, it's sad how little things like paying it forward and saying "Thank you!" are so rare these days that when they happen we're shocked. Used to be alot more common.

Nah; she had to get back to the convent, I think.

That was the right thing to do from the man that went before your son.

And in my opinion, shame on the barber for actually asking you if he could take a haircut when you had an actual appointment. But good on you for keeping your cool in that situation.

Glad everything worked out for you, but I've yet to experience something like this at a barbershop.

The 3 barbershops I've gone to in the last 3yrs have all gone to appointment only/preferred. Walk ins have to wait at least an hour before getting a cut. And they are rather strict with that policy.

Well, strictly speaking, this was an instance of "paying it back" and not "paying it forward", but a great story nevertheless. :thumbsup:

Your random act of kindness (allowing him to jump the line) was very important to that guy, so much so that he rewarded you handsomely when he was under no obligation to do so. Random acts of kindness often begat other random acts of kindness. Good teachable moment for your kids, too.

Top Bottom