What's new

Barber Shop Hygiene

What do you think of a Barber who constantly blows into his trimmer while cutting my hair?
Is it standard practice today,to use the same towel all day customer after customer to sweep the hair off of ones face?
I recall the days when a towel was used for each customer and combs put in a sanitized jar.

What do you think of a Barber who constantly blows into his trimmer while cutting my hair?
Is it standard practice today,to use the same towel all day customer after customer to sweep the hair off of ones face?
I recall the days when a towel was used for each customer and combs put in a sanitized jar.
My barber uses a brush to clear the clipper blades. He uses the towel from my neck to brush my forehead or a soft brush.

Blowing into a trimmer seems a bit odd. My barber simply cleans the hair off with a towel or small brush. I would think that if you were a barber, you probably wouldnt want to be blowing into the clippers because if your customer is a germophobe, that could be a bit of a turnoff.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My hairdresser uses a small brush to clean the clippers when using them. No barber shop in my home town anymore. Whenever one opens up it normally closes within 6 months.

Welcome to B&B.
My barber uses a soft brush to clear the hair from the face and neck; no towels needed. I would worry if he used a towel, especially the same towel all day.

Welcome aboard!

Your barber seems a bit odd to me and I think the towel should be changed after every client.

Is'nt that pretty much the same principle here, using the same brush. Touching from person to the next person with the brush. Especially with this coronavirus getting out of control. The face area is the most susceptible area. I bring my own cloth.

Is'nt that pretty much the same principle here, using the same brush. Touching from person to the next person with the brush. Especially with this coronavirus getting out of control. The face area is the most susceptible area. I bring my own cloth.
Good point.

It seems odd blowing into the clippers & using a towel. I would bring it to the barbers attention. It may be nothing more than bad habits he’s developed.

I cut my own hair yesterday. It did not come out too badly, and I left it just a little long so I can go back and try again next weekend. Still learning how to taper and blend around the back.

Top Bottom