What's new

Barbedeaux after shave

I see this in SOTD pics and lists frequently but I never seem to hear any specifics. Does it actually do as intended/claimed?

I know a lot of people with constant ingrown/bump/irritation problems go to tendskin or medicated creams but this seems like a good treatment and unscented aftershave all in one. Bottle is a little pricey but it's just shy of 7oz instead of the usual 3-4oz and I'm sure one could cut it with a bottle of witch hazel to stretch it further.

It’s like those homemade mixtures of alcohol, witch hazel, and uncoated aspirin. You could make that yourself for like $3. The Barbedeaux costs a lot more but has some good skin food ingredients. It has an undeniable aspirin smell that does not linger. I use it either after alum or immediately after shaving, let it absorb/get dressed, and finish with a splash and/or balm. I have both my homemade version and Barbedeaux available and often find myself reaching for the Barbedeaux.

It’s like those homemade mixtures of alcohol, witch hazel, and uncoated aspirin. You could make that yourself for like $3. The Barbedeaux costs a lot more but has some good skin food ingredients. It has an undeniable aspirin smell that does not linger. I use it either after alum or immediately after shaving, let it absorb/get dressed, and finish with a splash and/or balm. I have both my homemade version and Barbedeaux available and often find myself reaching for the Barbedeaux.

That's pretty much the exact response I was 'hoping' for as it will save me money lol. I've made mixes of witch hazel, alcohol, aspirin, aloe, and alum that worked well for when I needed something like that and though it's a process... It's much cheaper and made from things I always have around.

Thanks for saving me $20 every few months!

Top Bottom