What's new

Barbasol smells like American Blend

I detect no difference in these. The Barbersoul I received today is a duplicate of American Blend. Am I just remembering the smell of Barbasol incorrectly? I do not remember is smelling like this.

American Blend is based on YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, which was intended as a refined take on the classic Barbasol scent. So they do have common roots.

Although it's been forever since I used it (even when I did use carts I mainly used Edge gel) but I never remember Barbasol smelling like much of anything.

Yeah I just went and smelled Barbasol and it does smell like this. The Barbersoul has a nice strong scent for those that had Issue with the scent strength of RR/Fine AB soap.

Barbasol = Rive Gauche = American Blend = Barbersoul/Barberpole

Barbersoul is significantly stronger in the scent department than RR American Blend, which I appreciate.

It's now called Barberpole due to a C&D letter Douglass got

Really? Did the C&D notice come from Barbasol? If so that's ridiculous. I wouldn't have thought it even close enough for a judge to sign off on something like that. How many generic, or store brand knock-offs of things do you see that have almost identical names? Some even say, "Compare to the ingredients of Product XYZ". What a shame...

Really? Did the C&D notice come from Barbasol? If so that's ridiculous. I wouldn't have thought it even close enough for a judge to sign off on something like that. How many generic, or store brand knock-offs of things do you see that have almost identical names? Some even say, "Compare to the ingredients of Product XYZ". What a shame...

Agreed, the name was awesome.

At any rate, I didn't get the soap but I got the deodorant and I love it. I've been considering the PPF organic deodorant for a while and this scent put me over the edge - wonderful product.

AB just smells plain fantastic. Smelling it out of the tub does not do it justice... But smells awesome even before building lather. I really like it.

At any rate, I didn't get the soap but I got the deodorant and I love it. I've been considering the PPF organic deodorant for a while and this scent put me over the edge - wonderful product.

Wait. Do they make the deodorant in this scent now? The website only shows four scents, and this one is not one of them.

D

Deleted member 48987

I've heard that he may restock it even though it was an LE. Does anyone have an ETA?

Last edited:
Top Bottom