What's new

Barbasol razor info thread. Any info and pics posted here.

The Barbasol Floating Head razor is built like a proverbial tank. I don't know how old you are, but I suggest your razor will outlast you and me together. It's already over 80 years old! I strongly suspect it's good for another 80 years easily!
Im thinking another 200 years...

There are more unbranded Barbasol non-floating head clones than the real thing. I have/had three of them, all different.

Only my gold headed Bakelite handled one may have been made by the same company. The silver colored one has bad fit and finish and was definitely made by another factory. The brass colored one was made by Royal Crown.
proxy.php
Very interesting! It is so strange because it has the classic long handle that would typically be seen with the Barbasol floating head razor just without the Barbasol name inscribed around the bottom. I post a picture shortly.

it has the classic long handle that would typically be seen with the Barbasol floating head razor just without the Barbasol name inscribed around the bottom.
I've seen the one you have on eBay many times and have not been lucky enough to score one at what I consider a decent price.

The one you have might be one of the best of the clones for me if the handle is hollow - I find the 90mm 50g hollow Barbasol handle to be perfection.

I've seen the one you have on eBay many times and have not been lucky enough to score one at what I consider a decent price.

The one you have might be one of the best of the clones for me if the handle is hollow - I find the 90mm 50g hollow Barbasol handle to be perfection.
I would say that would be about correct on the weight.

I believe it's a "floating head", but all I know is it's a heavy shaver and shaves pretty close, so paying attention is important.

Well I had a quick one pass head shave with the lovely Barbie just acquired from REV579...yow.. smoother than my R41..not as easy as my Fatip..but I know this one has a bit of a learning curve, especially as a head shaver given its heft. Glad to finally nab one.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well I had a quick one pass head shave with the lovely Barbie just acquired from REV579...yow.. smoother than my R41..not as easy as my Fatip..but I know this one has a bit of a learning curve, especially as a head shaver given its heft. Glad to finally nab one.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Congrats on your Barbie, you will eventually get the technique down...

Newly acquired fh Barbie, was frankly an eye-opener. I avoid thinking of razors as "aggressive"; I'm fairly sure they mean me no harm, generally. Two shaves in, I'm finding the challenge of a learning curve, for the first time. My R-41 was a quick read, never a scrape. I'll dial up any adjustable with the best of them, and a red tip is just another super speed (God bless 'em). But I've got weepers! And irritation! And an otherwise gorgeous shave, with the best one-pass result I've experienced, the irritation coming with trying to force multiple passes onto my lower neck. So I'm pretty sure the fault is mine, and very sure I will love this razor.

Top Bottom