What's new

Barbasol Question...

Because I know several people here have them, could someone give me a *fairly* definitive answer: are the all-metal Barbasols plated brass, or zinc? I like aggressive. I like real metal. I despise government-surplus trashcans, melted down over a campfire, sold for premium $$. Thanks, in advance...
proxy.php

I'm sure someone will come along with a more definitive answer, but I borrowed one of those and it was quite heavy. Isn't zinc light? Those things are well-made and very aggressive, they're high priced for a reason.

I'm sure someone will come along with a more definitive answer, but I borrowed one of those and it was quite heavy. Isn't zinc light? Those things are well-made and very aggressive, they're high priced for a reason.
That's my understanding, but Merkur/EJ are high-priced as well. Admirable shavers, by all accounts, but zinc-ies, nonetheless.:001_smile Call it personal snobbery, or whatever, but I would like a Barbasol, if its brass.

My understanding is that Barbasol was to compete with the Big Boy or Big Fellow, 1930's i dont think to many razros were made in Zinc back in those day's? Also it wouldnt be a competition if your getting a way cheaper made product?

It may well be made of two metals. The handle and collar seem to be brass while the head itself seems to another metal from looking at it. Whatever the head is made of it seems relatively soft, as I was able to easily bend the safety bar in the pictured back to straight.

Attachments

• $barbasol 003 (755x800).jpg
    $barbasol 003 (755x800).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom