What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush--What the heck?

I recently bought some Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and my experience was not good.

I know it has a good reputation here and my initial thought was that all the positive talk about it was a joke by some of the older members to get the noobs to perform a hazing ritual on themselves.

Maybe they changed it, maybe there was a bad batch.

My impressions:

Applied a smallish amount. Initial scent was strong rubbing alcohol. Momentarily unpleasant, but not unexpected in a discount product.

Then the fragrance hit me. It was a cheap fragrance, but they made up for the lack of quality with quantity.

This stuff positively reeked, you could probably smell it a mile away.

I used to use skin bracer, and that has a mild scent. This thing, however: I've been to clubs where the guidos were wearing lighter scents.

It also seemed to be missing much of a menthol punch; certainly much milder than the Aqua Velva.

So what's the verdict? Have I been tricked into running my own underwear up the flagpole?

So what's the verdict? Have I been tricked into running my own underwear up the flagpole?

No worries... I felt the same way when I smelled the Tabac ASL & EDT... It's truly dreadful stuff (to me... put the pitchforks away :rolleyes:).

Some of the gents here just like scents that aren't your preference. What you have to do is fine guys who share your opinion on scents that you're familiar with, and disregard the masses. Lesson learned, I'm assuming :biggrin:

Scents are a very personal thing. I like the "Pacific Rush" scent ok in the shaving cream, as it rinses off (not that I use it that much anyway).. but I do agree with you.. I don't really care for the scent as an aftershave.

I get a nice enough menthol kick from my generic "Brisk" aftershave, and I actually like the scent. And as for "blues" I have AV Ice Blue and Skin Bracer Cooling Blue for variety. Not to mention Old Spice Pure Sport. That's 3 blue aftershaves right there.. and I only have so much room on my shelf for aftershaves that only see the light of day once or so a week.

I can live without the Barbasol Pac. Rush. :cool:

I went out and got some about a week ago. I thought the smell was not too strong. It definitely has a strong rubbing alcohol scent - from the alcohol of course but that goes away quick. The scent that was left was pretty generic and light. I thought that the menthol was good and strong. I ended up doing a 50/50 mix with Original Thayers and am happy enough to keep it in the rotation that way. For the price I think it is fun to have around. Just my thoughts.

Then the fragrance hit me. It was a cheap fragrance, but they made up for the lack of quality with quantity.

This stuff positively reeked, you could probably smell it a mile away.

I used to use skin bracer, and that has a mild scent. This thing, however: I've been to clubs where the guidos were wearing lighter scents.

It also seemed to be missing much of a menthol punch; certainly much milder than the Aqua Velva.

You seriously think this is lacking in the Menthol punch?? I can't believe that. This stuff has enough of a Menthol punch to keep me feeling the cooling effect for at least 5-6 minutes, and perhaps even closer to 10.

I will admit the scent is not exactly gourmet, it reminds me mostly of mint mouthwash.

For a $1.67 a container, I think it is a keeper. :w00t::w00t:

You seriously think this is lacking in the Menthol punch?? I can't believe that. This stuff has enough of a Menthol punch to keep me feeling the cooling effect for at least 5-6 minutes, and perhaps even closer to 10.

I will admit the scent is not exactly gourmet, it reminds me mostly of mint mouthwash.

For a $1.67 a container, I think it is a keeper. :w00t::w00t:

I agree, either he got one that was bad *they have crappy caps* or he grabbed a blue bottle of rubbing alcohol. :lol:

Could be a bad bottle, but don't discount the dreaded YMMV factor.

There are many, many reviews here that start with the OP raving or ranting about product X, and the next post politely suggests that the OP must have been smoking his socks before posting, because X is the worst/greatest thing ever.

There are many, many reviews here that start with the OP raving or ranting about product X, and the next post politely suggests that the OP must have been smoking his socks before posting, because X is the worst/greatest thing ever.

Well said!

Top Bottom