What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I used to always keep a can of Barbasol as "back up" for when my "good stuff" ran out. Over the years, I realized that Barbasol IS the good stuff.
I rarely use canned shave cream any more, stick to a brush, soap and a straight razor.

HOWEVER, I recently found out that Barbasol makes aftershaves, so I ordered some from Walgreens website. With free shipping to store, it was around $2.50. And....It's great!!! It is the Barbasol Brisk. Great and lasting scent with a good bit of menthol. The face feel is great as well. Honestly I like it a lot better than some of my $15 aftershaves. For the price, I ordered 3 more to keep around as it has taken the lead in my aftershave rotation.

I wish the aftershave smelled like the original barbasol scent!

I couldn't help myself...just had to try all the Noxzema shave creams available so I ordered the regular
images.jpeg

True! Fine AB is very close, Im finishing up some Speick now but another bottle of Fine is coming soon
Excellent! FWIW I agree with your original sentiment. I wish Barbasol made an AS that smelled like their original.
Brisk is nice though. It's like Skin Bracer with a little something else going on.

Like shaving cream no real smell other than it like Original Barbarsol. Your nose may vary.

I got it yesterday and tried to smell it but couldn't figure out what it smelled like. I'll be shaving with it tonight so that should give me a better idea!

A couple of weeks ago I was out of town and forgot to pack my brush. So I picked up a can of the Soothing Aloe for a $1.40 at Target. Although the shave was good w/o any weepers, it just wasn't a BBS shave that I get with a soap or cream applied with a brush. And maybe it would have been a BBS had I used a brush. I will have to try applying it with a brush. But I will admit that I do like Barbasol.

A couple of weeks ago I was out of town and forgot to pack my brush. So I picked up a can of the Soothing Aloe for a $1.40 at Target. Although the shave was good w/o any weepers, it just wasn't a BBS shave that I get with a soap or cream applied with a brush. And maybe it would have been a BBS had I used a brush. I will have to try applying it with a brush. But I will admit that I do like Barbasol.
If you like Barbasol it's worth trying a brush with it. Also, for me, Barbasol likes a little bit of water. I like it to go on more like paint than Cool Whip.

I tired the Green Noxzema lat night and wasn't in love with the smell...but didn't hate it. The consistency was different then the red bottle, which I preferred. The 2 white cans are still on the way but so far I prefer the Barbasol

Top Bottom