What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Has anyone else noticed when someone sends a pic of their lathered face in many cases it looks thin and watery? I used some Bigelow today and even with 3x the normal about couldn't get foam. A bar of soap would have been better. Washed it off and used Barbasol Aloe. Super creamy and great cushion.

Great shave with the Original this morning. Working in more water with a brush coupled with the efficacy of a slant gave a great TGIF shave this morning!

IMG_20200807_081158.jpg

I love Barbasol. I used the original and a Bic disposable to clean up my beard. I have the tube version too, but the shaves with that have been more bad than good. Sometimes everything goes well and it's a phenomenal shave. But mostly my neck ends up feeling chewed up afterwards.

I love Barbasol. I used the original and a Bic disposable to clean up my beard. I have the tube version too, but the shaves with that have been more bad than good. Sometimes everything goes well and it's a phenomenal shave. But mostly my neck ends up feeling chewed up afterwards.
If Barbasol does bring back the vintage tube ,it should be a nice performing cream using a brush.

I use the modern tube Barbasol for really quick shaves, and sometimes for travel. I personally would not use a brush with it. I get good shaves and would certainly try another Barbasol tube product if they release it.

The Barbasol cleans up much better than my Lucky Tiger Mollé brushless cream. Getting that in your brush would be a bad mistake.

You're missing one!!! The purple, extra moisturizing.
I like the orange and the yellow too. Forgot which of the two has lanolin.
But mine are the older big cans.
I have every one but the pacific rush.
Last I saw, they made the can way smaller and then raised the price!!! Lol

So what's the trick with using it? Every time I tried it didn't go well with my safety razor.

Edit: as a bonus use for it, after cleaning my mirror I rub barbasol on it and buff it out. Voila, not fogging up for about a week (unless you wipe the mirror for some reason.)

Last edited:
You're missing one!!! The purple, extra moisturizing.
I like the orange and the yellow too. Forgot which of the two has lanolin.
But mine are the older big cans.
I have every one but the pacific rush.
Last I saw, they made the can way smaller and then raised the price!!! Lol
Both the purple and yellow contain lanolin.

I've used the original Barbasol during my trip to US. A dollar for the whole thing and it was brilliant.

Nothing of that quality locally, so I gotta stick to using soaps with a brush -- not that I mind, they're great! :biggrin1:

Ok gents someone help me understand what I've missed in he last 5 years.
Just for reference back in 2015 I had to hunt down the yellow because they discontinued it. The purple moisturizing was the newest. I was able to get 1 can of arctic back then too, not sure if it was discontinued yet. And I got a can of pacific rush (no additives). Never knew about mountain rush or saw it or I would have gotten it.

But let me get this straight:

Arctic chill is gone and they've now added menthol and caffeine to pacific rush

I can't even find the new pacific rush anywhere even in the small new cans

There are only 5 available now:
Original red
Sensitive orange
Green aloe
Pacific rush with menthol and caffeine (can't locate at all)
Purple extra moisturizing

The larger cans still available got rid of aluminum bottom and are painted white again and I assume are steel like before the aluminum bottom thing?

Small cans 7 oz now cost what the 10 oz did before and also have aluminum bottom now.

Is that all correct? If so what the heck!?!

I will say back then the new purple (extra moisturizing) was still my favorite. Has almost everything all the others do (maybe less of each) all in one besides menthol.

Also if anyone is curious the ingredients list changed as far as amounts of each (based on order of listing) if the order means percentage of each ingredients anymore:

Left in new purple right is 2015 purple:

16027667684592069360751934319814.jpg

If anything it's better but I don't know what the stearyl ether thing is that's new
Can anyone make sense of the differences in these two lists besides order. Mostly what's not in old and what is in new that weren't in both.
Thanks!!
16027667684592069360751934319814.jpg

Haven't used my 100th anniversary can in a while. Maybe my next shave.

. . .

And so I did, with some Trumper's Almond Cream as a base and pre-shave to see how the combo would work. I needn't have worried: I got an excellent shave and a smooth face, and kept whiffing a bit of the Barbasol's baby-powder scent for a while after.

Top Bottom