What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Where did you get the Noxzema white? You could make a bundle selling those here.

ebay, happened to see. wasn't cheap. in a bundle of three.
white seems to be same formula as earlier blue tube.

noxzema lather tube.jpg

I live in the town where this is manufactured. I just attended an expo with the company I work for and Barbasol was there as well picked up some sample and I look forward to using them. I enjoy supporting local businesses and will most likely buy some in the near future.

I used Barbasol from the 100th anniversary can this morning for a "quick" 2-pass shave on a 24-hour beard. It works quite well, but it does not save me any real time. I apply it, wait about 2 minutes, rinse it off (as it tends to dry too much if I leave it for my usual 3), re-apply, then shave. Then I have to re-apply for the next pass.

Still, it provided our grandfathers with shaves good enough for work for many years.

The Original is by far my favorite. It seems to be the creamiest of them all and can handle a ton of water, so a little goes a long way. The scent keeps growing on me too.

I use a little Cremo rubbed in as a pre-shave to add a little glide and skin food ingredients and it’s a match made in heaven. I no longer use a brush either, don’t need one.

95188E2D-A8E3-4252-ADA4-BCB34FE763F8.jpeg

If Barbasol could get the 1919 tubes on store shelves around here, they might give Cremo a run for their money. My Cremo has the menthol, so there is that as well.

I’ve been using Barbasol Soothing Aloe with a brush for years. Recently I began alternating it with a big tube of Proraso that I bought, but once the tube of Proraso runs out it’s back to the Barbasol. The Proraso is not bad, but it’s affected by user error in building lather. I like Barbasol the way it is in terms of feel & razor glide until the can gets low & it does not seem to be affected the amount of moisture on my brush nearly as much. I may be bad at lathering the Proraso but Barbasol with a brush is still my favorite combo. The Proraso just seems to sit on my face.

Last edited:
Barbasol Sensitive from the tube, transferred to a film canister. If I filled the canister, I could get a couple weeks of travel shaves. When I take minimal kit on the road, it looks like this:
1CFE9956-40BD-4861-AB2E-B94BC04B84FB.jpeg

Schick E, usually a Personna blade, and a RazoRock leather razor case holds everything, even an injector blade cartridge if needed.

Top Bottom