What's new

Barbasol Inquiries

I've been looking around at some Barbasol stuff and had a couple questions for you all.

First, here is a commercial, that actually looks fairly recent though I know it isn't, talking about Barbasol's 7 great "flavors." I'm just wondering if anybody knows them. I see Aloe, Original, Lime, and the Yellow one which is now Lanolin, but might have been different before. They're also missing the new orange Sensitive version.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRAsPmdMF8[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly I was looking through the old ads on their website (http://www.barbasol.com/original.aspx You need to click the Made in America circle), and the last ad mentions Barbasol Skin Freshener. I Anybody know about this stuff? The ads are worth checking out anyway.

Where does one even find barbasol anymore? We got it and polmolive in tubes in navy boot camp (mid 60s), but havent seen any since.

Where does one even find barbasol anymore? We got it and polmolive in tubes in navy boot camp (mid 60s), but havent seen any since.

Wal mart, and several drug and grocery stores carry Barbarsol. :thumbup:

I see Barbasol everywhere. Literally every grocery store that I've been to that I can recall carries Barbasol, and even several of the gas stations near me carry it.

Anyway, I've also found this, thought some of you'd enjoy. It must be newer. She's using a DE (I can't tell what. Maybe a black handled EJ?), and her technique is terrible, but the results look pretty good!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdRfyPHfM8&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Found this at Wikipedia:
From 1962 to 2001, Pfizer owned the Barbasol® brand. During this time, they developed many additional versions of Barbasol® to complement the original formulation, including Soothing Aloe, Skin Conditioner, Sensitive Skin, Extra Protection, Cool Menthol and Lemon Lime.

So counting the Original, that is probably the "7 Flavors" they're referring to in that commercial.

They no longer produce Cool Menthol or Lemon/Lime.

I have recently seen: Original (Red), Soothing Aloe (Green), Skin Conditioner (Yellow), Pacific Rush (Blue), Sensitive Skin (Orange).

The sensitive skin smells awful I think.

I used the original cream almost exclusively until finding Surrey soap and a brush and avoiding canned cream. It performs as well as any canned cream or gel out there, and it is cheap.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80v5Wueed10[/YOUTUBE]

We have critiqued this commercial in the past, but I still find it quite amusing, that he is the Barbasol truck driver, and his wife is gifting him a can of barbasol!! :lol::lol::lol:

We have critiqued this commercial in the past, but I still find it quite amusing, that he is the Barbasol truck driver, and his wife is gifting him a can of barbasol!! :lol::lol::lol:

It is kind of funny but I think maybe they are trying to suggest that Barbasol is good for work or play.

I do like how he's using a DE in the commercial.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80v5Wueed10[/YOUTUBE]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again about this clip

WHYYY ARE THERE PANCAKES IN A BEDROOM AT NIGHT???!!!!!

WHYYYYYY???!!!!!!

It is kind of funny but I think maybe they are trying to suggest that Barbasol is good for work or play.

I do like how he's using a DE in the commercial.

Sure, that makes sense. But I envision the Barbasol truck driver having cases of Barbasol at his house; either through theft, or as gifts from the company.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again about this clip

WHYYY ARE THERE PANCAKES IN A BEDROOM AT NIGHT???!!!!!

WHYYYYYY???!!!!!!

The previous discussion of the commercial concluded that the implication is supposed to be that the truck driver is coming home in the early hours of the morning, and thus it is still dark outside, and the pancakes are for breakfast.

However on first viewing my impression was:

Driving the Barbasol truck.....check
Can of Barbasol as a gift.....Huh??
Shaving......check
Shaving with a DE.....check
Hot Wife....check
Hot Wife in my shirt.....check
Candle light dinner....check
Pancakes for dinner...........***??

Sure, after driving my truck hard all week, what I most want is not a luscious steak dinner, but pancakes!! :blink::blink:

And of course the other implication is, he is not coming anywhere near his wife until he shaves!! :lol::lol:

Last edited:
i picked up some barbasol pacific rush gel the other day at family dollar.

i haven't used it yet, so i can't review it, it smells nice though:thumbup1:

Has nobody ever considered the possibility that it's actually early AM when he's getting home? Truckers certainly work odd hours. The wife does look like she's in her PJs, and the pancakes and OJ simply constitute breakfast in bed.

Has nobody ever considered the possibility that it's actually early AM when he's getting home? Truckers certainly work odd hours. The wife does look like she's in her PJs, and the pancakes and OJ simply constitute breakfast in bed.

How dare you look at the commercial in a logical way? You are ruining our fun!! :lol::lol:

On the other hand, do you normally eat breakfast in bed by candlelight? I think it would certainly be an oddity.

Top Bottom