What's new

Barbasol Find-10 ounce can

So I went to Walmart yesterday to see what was going on with all the current events. I stopped by the shaving section and found a whole bunch of 10 ounce cans of Barbasol in four varieties... The 10 ounce cans are being phased out for the 6 or 7 ounce cans. I can't recall off the top of my head. I grabbed two of the original.

well done! as soon as i saw the smaller cans i stated buying the larger ones up, i have brushes sterling's paa's proraso's others and i think barbasol is lacking in slick, i just love the scent, i mean really, i have the body wash too its great but the lotion is ehhhh, have fun

barbasol foam filarmonica canoe february 10 2016.jpg

Their site indicates available in several sizes, however, many stores are only carrying the 7 oz can, which is the size that comes in 4 or so different scents. Family Dollar seemed to have the larger 10 oz cans, the last time I was there....at like $1.57 or something like that.

Current have 3 of the Pacific Rush (7oz) and 1 Sensitive (10oz). - I like the cooling effect of the Pacific Rush, reminds me of Proraso Green's cooling effect. Awesome through the hot-lather machine, goes on warm, and just gets cooler as it sits on your face. (The sensation is very enjoyable).

So I went to Walmart yesterday to see what was going on with all the current events. I stopped by the shaving section and found a whole bunch of 10 ounce cans of Barbasol in four varieties... The 10 ounce cans are being phased out for the 6 or 7 ounce cans. I can't recall off the top of my head. I grabbed two of the original.
The Walmart I go to in Tampa Fl has the full size cans for now.

It still seems that it would be a good deal even at that price. I don't use it a lot but every now and then I pull out my can of Sensitive and give it a whirl. It always provides a decent shave but I found that my skin just doesn't get along with it as a daily driver otherwise I would probably use it a lot more.

10 oz cans still available here in NY at discount stores like HARMON. I was there last year and picked up a couple cans of each color for Shavepocalypse.

Pity cant find the yellow can anymore. That was the best one IMHO

Their site indicates available in several sizes, however, many stores are only carrying the 7 oz can, which is the size that comes in 4 or so different scents. Family Dollar seemed to have the larger 10 oz cans, the last time I was there....at like $1.57 or something like that.

Current have 3 of the Pacific Rush (7oz) and 1 Sensitive (10oz). - I like the cooling effect of the Pacific Rush, reminds me of Proraso Green's cooling effect. Awesome through the hot-lather machine, goes on warm, and just gets cooler as it sits on your face. (The sensation is very enjoyable).
I enjoy the Pacific Rush too.
It’s great stuff.

It's hidden inflation and a common move in pretty much any product. Instead of raising the price, they drop the quantity.
Yeah it’s too bad that they did that.
I always loved the 10 oz. cans.
7 oz. size is kinda way too small for me but I’ll still buy it because I like Barbasol so much.

The 10 oz cans are the best! I don't think the 10 oz can are being phased though. I look at their website and it says retailer selection varies. I have found the bigger cans at Walmart and Dollar General for about $1.50. At other places it's 7 oz.

I remember not too long ago they were 12 oz cans as they had been for decades. Then a few years ago to 11 oz now 10 oz. And trying to move to smaller cans. It kind of grinds my gears. Some folks in marketing and accounting probably got nice raises.

It’s not just Barbasol. It’s happening with other products as well.

I remember not too long ago they were 12 oz cans as they had been for decades. Then a few years ago to 11 oz now 10 oz. And trying to move to smaller cans. It kind of grinds my gears. Some folks in marketing and accounting probably got nice raises.

It’s not just Barbasol. It’s happening with other products as well.

I agree, it makes me a bit irked as well. I don't know Barbasol's financial situation or anything or how they're doing but the decreasing the can sizes is a bit troubling. It's obviously a marketing or an accounting thing. It's possible with the beard fad that sales have gone down a bit but I don't know. I think Barbasol had a 15 oz can at one point.

I was sad when they discontinued Lemon Lime. I still like the original, but Pacific Rush just doesnt have the menthol blast I like on a hot day. Now Foamy has discontinued their menthol and lemon lime. Well, I have a good stock of Barbasol original in the anniversary cans so I guess that will now be my go to. I like to add just a couple of drops of water to my fingers then rub it in after I lather. It seems to slicken up the foam nicely.

Top Bottom