What's new

Barbasol Brisk Discontinued!

I contacted barbasol telling them I loved brisk and that many of us did, and that I hope they reconsider the decision.
Hopefully they bring it back so I don't have to wait for the dumb Colgate-Palmolive to get back to me which they haven't.

Apparently there's a third aftershave that smells similar called Gabels original aftershave. I ordered some to try and see how good it is.

I had to order from a barbershop supply website becuase amazon charged over twice as much for the same size.

Apparently there's a third aftershave that smells similar called Gabels original aftershave. I ordered some to try and see how good it is.

I had to order from a barbershop supply website becuase amazon charged over twice as much for the same size.
Let us know if it smells like Skin Bracer.

Yes, it is very close to Skin Bracer in scent, but NO menthol. Still, it isn't quite Skin Bracer. But, I am on my second 15 ounce bottle of Gabels. Good stuff, just not quite the dandy that Skin Bracer is.

I repurchased SB last year. My previous bottle was purchased in 2011 or '12. I used it from that point up to the middle of last year, when I finally ran out. The new bottle smells the same, performs the same, but I'm not exactly sure how "new" it really is. It's possible it's an older bottle that just sat on the store shelf for a couple of years before I got to it. Sometimes I think it smells a little thinner and has a more prominent alcohol smell, so I'm leaning toward the formula's been changed.

I repurchased SB last year. My previous bottle was purchased in 2011 or '12. I used it from that point up to the middle of last year, when I finally ran out. The new bottle smells the same, performs the same, but I'm not exactly sure how "new" it really is. It's possible it's an older bottle that just sat on the store shelf for a couple of years before I got to it. Sometimes I think it smells a little thinner and has a more prominent alcohol smell, so I'm leaning toward the formula's been changed.
Good theory.

The clowns at Colgate-Palmolive haven't reached out to me yet, And today it has been exactly one month since they told me they'd get back to me.

The clowns at Colgate-Palmolive haven't reached out to me yet, And today it has been exactly one month since they told me they'd get back to me.
If they ever get back to you (doubtful) they'll probably tell you again that the "formula" hasn't been changed... the problem is, there are so many ways to define what that might mean, and so if they have changed it, they won't really tell us.

If they ever get back to you (doubtful) they'll probably tell you again that the "formula" hasn't been changed... the problem is, there are so many ways to define what that might mean, and so if they have changed it, they won't really tell us.
Yep you got that right. But it's OK I'll make Aqua Velva my main after shave and possibly try to get my hands on the Canadian green juice as well. It just sucks how Barbasol stabbed us all in the back their Brisk was my replacement if something happened to Skin Bracer.

Well Gabels is slightly disappointing, it hits the same notes as Brisk/Bracer but if I had to choose between them it would definitely be third for me.

However since Brisk is discontinued and Bracer's fomula may or may not be changed its seems a decent option.

Gabels does come in gallon options if you need a lifetime supply :)

I have 2/3rds of a bottle of Brisk in my cabinet. Don't use it all that much because it has a bit of a bitter powdery quality in the drydown that I'm not in love with. But it is very similar to Skin Bracer, which in comparison is a bit warmer and sweeter. I'm not sad to see Brisk go but I'd like to see the other variations of Barbasol's aftershaves make a comeback because I never had a chance to try them!

I have to admit that the idea of Skin Bracer (of all things!) being detrimentally reformulated, or even becoming unavailable was previously unthinkable to me, and has made me wonder what else might be endangered... at least I got my one bottle of Barbasol Brisk before that went away...

I have to admit that the idea of Skin Bracer (of all things!) being detrimentally reformulated, or even becoming unavailable was previously unthinkable to me, and has made me wonder what else might be endangered... at least I got my one bottle of Barbasol Brisk before that went away...
Yeah I feel you, I'm still waiting to see what ''research'' like they told me they were going to do on their part they do.

I bought some SB yesterday at Dollar General and used it today and it was good. Like a refined version of Brisk. I'm going to put a little in a 50ml bottle and add menthol crystals. Maybe a little Vodka too. Should be good.

Top Bottom