What's new

Barbasol Brisk Discontinued!

Even CVS aka ''Vijon'' has discontinued their Aqua Velva blue knock off like a month or two ago. All of the Vijon greats are long gone.
Bummer!! That CVS clone of Aqua Velva is so close to the old AV in the glass bottles of years ago. Fortunately I grabbed a bottle a few months ago. My bottle says "Blade" on it--good stuff, smells brighter and has more menthol than the current Aqua Velva, which is still a dandy. Sad.

Bummer!! That CVS clone of Aqua Velva is so close to the old AV in the glass bottles of years ago. Fortunately I grabbed a bottle a few months ago. My bottle says "Blade" on it--good stuff, smells brighter and has more menthol than the current Aqua Velva, which is still a dandy. Sad.
Yeah I don't know why they discontinue all of the Vijon made after shaves they sell damn well...

It's only been gone a few months and they already made a clone. I didn't think it would be that sought after so quickly... unless they are just testing the market. Glad I bought a barbasol brisk, so I remember what it smells like I guess.

Well, it's definitely close but not a exact clone. It's a slightly "brighter" scent if that makes sense and it has a bit more staying power than current SB.
Is the menthol blast as powerful as the original Skin Bracer?

Sadly no, I had to add a couple of mentrol crystals to it.
That's sad for an Artisan after shave that costs 25.00 dollars. For that you are better off with the original thing for 5 bucks or Aqua Velva for me with plenty of menthol.

Top Bottom