What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

I picked this up at Giant this evening. Pretty cool looking can. I love the scent, it’s more lavender, a little spicy, and woody. Also, it doesn’t smell like the ‘current’ original smell; we all know the scent. I didn’t shave with it yet, but I made a test lather and it felt nice and slick.

Attachments

• EFF62C17-D0CF-42CF-BC96-E06814C89E85.jpeg
    EFF62C17-D0CF-42CF-BC96-E06814C89E85.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 265
  • 75D379CC-BD42-4EEB-8AD3-AAEB5FDDA60A.jpeg
    75D379CC-BD42-4EEB-8AD3-AAEB5FDDA60A.jpeg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 260
I picked this up at Giant this evening. Pretty cool looking can. I love the scent, it’s more lavender, a little spicy, and woody. Also, it doesn’t smell like the ‘current’ original smell; we all know the scent. I didn’t shave with it yet, but I made a test lather and it felt nice and slick.
I bought one too!

isn't this forum about wet shaving elitism? Why post peasant stuff here? :p
No, this is a forum about *shaving* in all forms. Sadly, there are a lot of prejudices among the snobs and elitists.

Many of us love mass-produced "peasant" products.

Ya know, I think I got a slightly different scent as well....like same recipe, better ingredients maybe?
Pure fougere heaven!
I'm gonna have to compare this one vs the newer "regular" can I got..

The power of nostalgia i guess.. or brand loyalty, or fear of change, or just plain old stubbornness. Old school goop in a can is still just goop. Call me a snob, but vander hagen, or even williams if far superior.

The scent is different, it doesn’t last too long. The lather, however, was pretty slick and the shave was nice.

Barbasol, the only canned foam shaving cream I'd buy, if I had to buy canned foam shaving cream.

Did you use a brush to make the lather?

Top Bottom