What's new

Barba Sana - what a soap!

I received the Barba Sana shave soap from Bull Goose. I have over 100 soaps and creams and this soap is the real deal. Moist, easy to lather, great cushion and smooth glide. This soap is completely enjoyable and on par with many top tier soaps. I look for a reason most mornings to bypass some of my others to shave with Barba Sana. It is ridiculously good!

I love bellocci group products. They make furbo, barberia bolognini, and hipsteria. Great stuff.

I wish bullgoose would price this line a bit lower though. :(

Or maybe pasteurs, razor co, or italian barber can import some too.

Barba Sana? If that is the soap you are referring to it is a soft soap, but definitely more soap than cream.

NewsFlash.

RE: The Italian "Barba Sana" brand of soap and aftershave.
Good stuff, like everything from the Belocchi group. (furbo, hipsteria, Barberia Bolognini, etc)

Soap is like every other Italian soft soap, ever. Kind of feels like Tcheon Fung Sing. Good performance. Great lather.

The aftershave is very scent heavy. Could definitely be used like a cologne.

Scent key:
Barba Sana Blue = Acqua di Gio clone (similar to Saponificio Varesino 70'th)
Barba Sana Red = Boelis Panama 1924 clone. (similar to Razorock Mudder Focker and Saponificio Varesino Morado)

same performance as Furbo. Good stuff, but only available from Bullgoose, and slightly overpriced IMO. Especially when Bullgoose sells kilos of Furbo for the same price as a little tub of Barba Sana. So, unless you really like ADG or BP 1924, go ahead and just buy Furbo.

lasta

Blade Biter
NewsFlash.

RE: The Italian "Barba Sana" brand of soap and aftershave.
Good stuff, like everything from the Belocchi group. (furbo, hipsteria, Barberia Bolognini, etc)

Soap is like every other Italian soft soap, ever. Kind of feels like Tcheon Fung Sing. Good performance. Great lather.

The aftershave is very scent heavy. Could definitely be used like a cologne.

Scent key:
Barba Sana Blue = Acqua di Gio clone (similar to Saponificio Varesino 70'th)
Barba Sana Red = Boelis Panama 1924 clone. (similar to Razorock Mudder Focker and Saponificio Varesino Morado)

same performance as Furbo. Good stuff, but only available from Bullgoose, and slightly overpriced IMO. Especially when Bullgoose sells kilos of Furbo for the same price as a little tub of Barba Sana. So, unless you really like ADG or BP 1924, go ahead and just buy Furbo.

Thanks for the update!

I was very curious for a while and TFS has always been great in my books! But from AdG clone and Boelis clone onwards, this will be a pass for me.

Scent is the single most important differentiator in shaving lubricants. I don't expect every soap maker to be an experienced perfumer, but at least try something original. Or stick with the classics (our take on almond, lime, rose...).

Last edited:
Top Bottom