What's new

Bar Soap that doesn't feel like it strips all the oil off your skin?

I wouldn't say I'm sensitive to soaps, I dont get inflamed or irritation in that regard, but I feel like every bar soap I've tried strips the oils off of my skin.

I've been using Old Spice Body Wash for a long time. Other various body washes on occasion too. But I've never had great luck with bar soap.

Any suggestions? I know there's Dove, but even that didn't seem great.

Search ebay for melt and pour soap. I like the clear stuff and don't bother putting oils etc in it. Glycerine soap, Cheap as chips. Gentile on the skin and non drying. Just cut to size and use as it is. There are variation with shia butter, goats milk etc but the clear pure is nice. 1 Kg lasts for months. Here's a UK link as an example.

BEST Melt And Pour Soap Base Clear SLS FREE 1Kg Size Pack Of 1 1Kg Bl Christman | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEST-Melt-And-Pour-Soap-Base-Clear-SLS-FREE-1Kg-Size-Pack-Of-1-1Kg-Bl-Christman/254569521394?hash=item3b4586a0f2:g:fl8AAOSwnhFelkoN

I wouldn't say I'm sensitive to soaps, I dont get inflamed or irritation in that regard, but I feel like every bar soap I've tried strips the oils off of my skin.

I've been using Old Spice Body Wash for a long time. Other various body washes on occasion too. But I've never had great luck with bar soap.

Any suggestions? I know there's Dove, but even that didn't seem great.
The best bar soap that is easy on the skin is Mitchels Wool Fat bar soap.

Mitchell's soap contains lanolin consequently it is kind on the skin that why Fred Mitchell invented it as I have already stated. Pure glycerine hand soap is also gentle on the skin and does not strip the skin from its natural oils.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve been using Grandma’s Pure Lye soap for a few years. Excellent for the skin and no perfumes or such ingredients. It is actually “pure” soap. Available on Amazon too.

I feel like Stirling bar soap works well for me. The charcoal facial bar pulls oils but their standard bar soap i find very enjoyable and no drying.

Wise words coming from a wise Gentleman. :yesnod:

wow, nice words from a great teacher! thanks!

and here are two olive oil soaps.
aleppo on the right, in use.
marseille, from the bullpen, on the left.
green tints must be from olive color.

aleppo marseille soap.jpg

Here in the US I recently discovered a brand called Commonwealth Soap Co. I picked up two of their large 8 or 9oz bars at TJMaxx on clearance. These will actually say “cream bar” and i found them to have nice scent but were not drying in any way. I use duke cannon on occasion but have to give myself a break and go back to Dove moisturizing bars for a couple days to give my skin a break from time to time.

If i find this Commonwealth brand again anywhere i plan to buy a socially unacceptable amount because it was quite good and is pricy if you buy it full price.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I use Defense, it's main ingredient is tea tree oil. The smell is so so but it works really well.

I use soaps from the same artisan soap makers I get my shaving soap from. It's more expensive, but it works. Some of my favorites are Mike's, Mystic Waters, and Mama Bear.

Top Bottom