What's new

Bar soap rabbit hole.

I am currently down this Rabbit hole. My favorite so far though has been the regular Speick bar. I decided to buy some in the Amazon after being so taken by the aftershave splash. I absolutely love the signature scent and it preforms well. Moisturizing and de stinkatizing

Update:

🇩🇪 Klar Seifen

🇨🇭 Mettler1929

🇦🇹 Walde Seifen

🇮🇹 Nesti Dante, S. M. Novella, Saponificio Varesino

🇫🇷 Savon de Marseille (Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille + Rampal Latour)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
What's your favorite bar soap? If you haven't watched bar soap guy on YouTube, he's very helpful. Also another bar soap guy is a whole saler. So far I like oatmeal
Yardleys from dollar tree , working through 9 bars from stirling. A few from trader Joe's with a few random other so far Stirling is good, my last bar is imo great. Triple milled bedu camel milk tumeric and honey. An old yt video liked it and it's damn good, inscense smell, long lasting and great after feel.

Since starting this wet shaving journey of mine, I fell in love with a new kind of bar soap from Stirling.

Presenting, Glacial Lemon Chill Bath Soap!
proxy.php

I find that the performance of this soap is really good, its hand crafted, and doesn't use any harmful chemicals or oils. It also, for me anyways, doubles as a pre-shave regimen! The lemon scent is divine, but not too strong, I think anyone who likes citrus scents would appreciate it. And this particular one is mentholated, which means, it leaves my face feeling nice and cool!

Stirling also makes other bath soap bars as well. But this is the first one I tried from them, and fell in love with so, this is my vote for an awesome soap, 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 STARS!

Since starting this wet shaving journey of mine, I fell in love with a new kind of bar soap from Stirling.

Presenting, Glacial Lemon Chill Bath Soap!
proxy.php

I find that the performance of this soap is really good, its hand crafted, and doesn't use any harmful chemicals or oils. It also, for me anyways, doubles as a pre-shave regimen! The lemon scent is divine, but not too strong, I think anyone who likes citrus scents would appreciate it. And this particular one is mentholated, which means, it leaves my face feeling nice and cool!

Stirling also makes other bath soap bars as well. But this is the first one I tried from them, and fell in love with so, this is my vote for an awesome soap, 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 STARS!
I agree they have great bar soap. I tried several but the mentholated (sp) margherita was so strong in the shower it was eye watering lol. I love their shave soap version though.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I agree they have great bar soap. I tried several but the mentholated (sp) margherita was so strong in the shower it was eye watering lol. I love their shave soap version though.

Oh yeah dude, Stirling turned me into a mentholated junkie in no time, and darned proud of it too. :001_tt2:

Keep in mind though, not all of their mentholated products are a 10 out of 10 on the menthol scale. Take their ice coffee for example, I considered that on the mild scale of things, when compared to their other scents like, Glacial Lemon Chill, and their Wintergreen.

Speaking of which, that was the last bath soap I purchased from Stirling, I got the matching bath soap, when I had purchased their Ice Coffee shave soap hehe.

proxy.php

For me, there is nothing like the sensation of eye watering, and nostril cleansing, that a good menthol provides. Wakes you up in the morning, and even wakes you up in the evening. Frankly, now that I think about it, I think menthol works great all the time. And with this product, all you gotta do is be drinking coffee, while simultaneously applying coffee to your face and body, I can't think of no better way to take a deep dive, into ones obsessions. HEHE :001_tt2:

I must be the odd man out here. We've tried many things, but I keep returning to the ubiquitous Palmolive and my wife wants her Dove. Last night I did pick up some Yardly English Lavender and some Dove men + care or whatever it's called. I kept seeing them mentioned on the forum and figured why not.

I've been using Dial gold bar for as long as I can remember. I try other nice soaps once in a while but I get boils in my armpits if I use any other for any length of time. However, I recently switched to using an alum block under my arms and have been using a Duke Cannon - Big A lump of coal. I think the alum might let me use other soaps now too. I do however love the smell of Dial gold bar so who knows where I'll land LOL

I've been using Dial gold bar for as long as I can remember. I try other nice soaps once in a while but I get boils in my armpits if I use any other for any length of time. However, I recently switched to using an alum block under my arms and have been using a Duke Cannon - Big A lump of coal. I think the alum might let me use other soaps now too. I do however love the smell of Dial gold bar so who knows where I'll land LOL
Dial helped clear my face acne.

I have been down the bath soap rabbit hole for a few years now and have tried many, many (but not all) soap out there. Atresian soaps tend to have a different skin feel than say Irish Spring, which leaves my skin with a waxy feeling. So many to choose from that one should never be bored.

What do you think of this beauty?
savon.jpg
Les ingrédients du savon de Marseille pur sont simplement les huiles végétales, l’eau, le sel et la soude… Sans parfum ni colorant artificiel, sans conservateur ni adjuvant chimique, le cube de savon de Marseille est un produit authentique, hypoallergénique et naturel idéal pour l’hygiène au quotidien.

The ingredients of pure Marseille soap are simply vegetable oils, water, salt and soda… Without perfume or artificial coloring, without preservatives or chemical additives, the cube of Marseille soap is an authentic, hypoallergenic and natural product ideal for daily hygiene.
And, of course, on can shave with it too: Shaving with Marseille soap | La Corvette - https://www.la-corvette.com/en/se-raser-au-savon-de-marseille/

Last edited:
I consumed my first cube.

This is actually very gentle on the skin and makes a lot of lather. It also gives a nice glow to the skin. I will stick to buying it.

However, I should note that this soap is completely unscented, and what you get is the natural scent derived from sea salt/spray and heated vegetable oils.

So, I thought I'd shave with it, and it produced a really creamy and lasting lather, none of that disappearing airy foam you get with commercial soaps. That is no surprise, as it has a minimum of 72% vegetable oils.

It is also very slick, and offers good protection.

It left my skin feeling soft and supple.

The only minus I could detect is that it did not soften the hairs as much as other shaving soaps (e.g., ARKO or Tabac), so, at least for the first pass, there was some more resistance.

IMG_20230410_201038.jpg

My boy gave me the Star Wars Dr. Squatch soap collevtion and also a bar of Squatch Bay Rum and now its the only soap l use.

Top Bottom